1989 Belle BK-WO Speakers for Sale - Austin

Andrew E.

I am selling a pair of 1989 Belle BK-WP speakers. I'm in the Austin area, and do not want to ship the speakers. I'm happy to show them this week to anyone who is interested. They belong to a friend who has had them in storage for the last 18 years (and they're still in storage) and has moved out of the area (and recently had a stroke). I have not figured out price yet and am open to any fair offer but again, I much prefer not to ship them. So far as I know they are in great condition, but I have never heard them. Photos below.

Email me at acreely@oldfieldcreely.com a

Andrew

Belle - #4.jpg

Belle - #3.jpg

I was offered 4000.00 for my 1989's awhile back and turned it down. We can all agree Belle's are getting harder to come by which to me, factors into overall value. Of course it's all relative to what a person's willing to pay for them. I don't know if there's an actual "Belle Value Guide" out there. If there is, I'd like to know about it.

I remember there's someone within the forum that keeps track of what heritage Klipsch speakers are going for. I cannot remember who it was.

I don't track sales but I watch looking for my forever pair. It really depends a lot on condition and location, we had a pair in the PNW go around 2500 recently, but they needed work. Ultimately its up to the seller on how quick they want to to move them. Not an apples to apples comparison but I see a lot of Klipschorns in the PNW in the 5k-7k range and they haven't moved much, but when they drop them to the 3-4k range they don't last long.  If they were in the PNW and in clean condition they'd be mine :) but these are meant for another. GLWS.

Ceptorman and Jaybeaux,

If either of you has a strong interest in the speakers, I can try to figure out a fair price and am happy to show them to you, but it would need to be in the next few days -- Sunday morning at the latest. I have not inspected the speakers in detail except that I confirmed that cosmetically they appear very good -- the wood is beautiful, and I saw no dings, scratches, etc. (I see one scuff when I looked back at my photos). My friend bought them 20 years ago from a seller in San Antonio who was kind enough to deliver them.  He says he paid $3,000 back then. He was putting together his dream analog system (and I have the components of that (all high end if you're interested)). He was a high-tech engineer and knew what he was doing.  I could relay any questions to him, or potentially have you speak directly to him (though his speech is not the best in the world).  

I'm attaching a few better photos I took. If you're interested, call me -- 831-277-8191. If I don't sell them by Sunday, they're gong back in the storage lockers until I can get back to them. Unfortunately, it's not terribly convenient for me to deal with these at the moment.  On my friends behalf, I can be very fair but it's not a fire sale. They can sit for a few more years if necessary. 

Andrew

Belle - #6.jpg

Belle - #7.jpg