Yardsale sighting, ID needed.

Mighty Favog

@Invidiosulus   As a kid I lived on the courts here.   My buddy and I were pretty good in high school (no tennis team then) so the guy who ran the park program asked if we wanted to play in a tournament in a bigger town near here so we said ok.  He entered us and took us over.  No clue who these guys we were playing were but he said they weren't too bad.  We got flat KILLED.  We couldn't hit Australian twist.  No clue what it was coming at us.  We couldn't even return a shot.  I wound up catching the ball in my left hand throwing it back over to em.  We were totally lost and looked up in the bleachers for help and the coach had his nose tent on shaking w/tears rolling down his cheeks from laffin at us.  Yea, we got levelled that day.  Found out later the one dude was #1 in singles and the two of them were #2 in the state. Brubaker & Winkler didn't cut us a bit of slack on the spin.  Nice tennis club though.  They even had showers.  😂 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

the Wilson T2000 was the "in" one to have.

Correctumundo!  I bought a Slazenger something and had it strung with gut.  I'd never hit gut but "they" said it would give you more action/speed.  That ping from the gut drove me bats*#t crazy so I bought a Head Arthur Ashe which is hangin on my garage wall now.   It was ugly too.  lolol

20230526-182939-1.jpg 

Hmm, looking at some pictures I think I had a Wilshire T-2100.

it looked a lot like a T2000 but it was aluminum.

I entered a tournament with some friends of mine after I’d been playing a couple of months and came in 3rd while my buddies took 1st and 2nd.

That was 30 years ago and I haven’t played much since.

• Like 1

I had a TAD Davis Imperial when I was in high school. I placed in a Peoria City Parks tournament, and my mom had the trophy for years. My brother, three years older than me, was on our HS tennis team. I was on the team for a couple months until the coach said I should consider dropping off the team.

• Like 1