FYI Texas Lascala sale

hugot

1. Dear Hugot--If this a sale is not yours and the item is not being sold by another Klipsch forum member, it belongs in the Alerts section, not the Garage Sale section.

2. If this item was posted in the Alerts section, a clear-eyed member might point out that the eBay seller has 3 feedback posts as a buyer, but zero feedback as a seller. Hopefully, anyone reading this will connect the dots to understand what that means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Dear Hugot--If this a sale is not yours and the item is not being sold by another Klipsch forum member, it belongs in the Alerts section, not the Garage Sale section.

2. If this item was posted in the Alerts section, a clear-eyed member might point out that the eBay seller has 3 feedback posts as a buyer, but zero feedback as a seller. Hopefully, anyone reading this will connect the dots to understand what that means.

1- I cannot change the section so a mod would have to step in.

2- I have been on ebay for 27 years and clear-eyed member might realize that this seller is new and doesn't know the worth of what they are selling.I posted this so someone within driving range could show up and do the deal in person. If it were me, I'd show up tell them to keep all the other speakers and explain how by selling them in person to me they could avoid the ebay fees and walk away with a pair of Lascala's for between $800-$1000. But you have to have vision and not be shortsighted.

• Like 2

Yep, could be a good deal if someone haggles and picks up in person.

Also, I don't think he spent much time in spelling class in high school. Doh.

• Like 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, hugot said:

1- I cannot change the section so a mod would have to step in.

2- I have been on ebay for 27 years and clear-eyed member might realize that this seller is new and doesn't know the worth of what they are selling.I posted this so someone within driving range could show up and do the deal in person. If it were me, I'd show up tell them to keep all the other speakers and explain how by selling them in person to me they could avoid the ebay fees and walk away with a pair of Lascala's for between $800-$1000. But you have to have vision and not be shortsighted.

I moved it.

I don’t really care how long people have been on eBay, Audiogon, Craigslist, or any other peddler market, Garage Sale is for active members selling their own stuff with a very clear set of terms of service so that it can continue to exist and avoid headaches for Klipsch. Thus, the reasoning (my assumption) the Alerts section was created a long, long time ago, to ALERT forum members about a “smoking deal” they are not affiliated with, or something they have for sale on another platform that they are affiliated with. This avoids any confusion as to whether the poster is associated with the item or not.

Members should not take offense if another member suggests moving a thread to something more appropriate, they typically doing so to help get the thread the most visibility, I.e., achieve the goal of the original poster. 

Reminder, if any Forum member realizes they have posted something in the wrong section (or there might be a more appropriate section) you can easily request a moderator to move it for you by:

1. Reporting the post. Go to 3 dots in upper right, hit report, pick a reason, in explanation, comment section just say, “can you please move this to (name of other section)” and a moderator will take a look and do it.

2. Send me a PM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Oh, I’m in Texas, went to the ad so I could go out there today to scoop these out from under all of you guys for $500.

They are in El Paso, only 8.5 hours away. With respect to Texas, helps to narrow it down a little. 

So, these are still up for grabs for all of you El Paso/New Mexico members.

• Haha 2

Looks like the sale has ended.

Removed by seller.

Also price when ended was upped to a 1500.00 starting bid.

Maybe he was surfing on here and saw that they were way under priced.

• Like 2