Klipsch Forte 4 Lambs Wool Grills and original grills $2,700 Reduced from $3,500*SOLD*

John Chi-town

43 minutes ago, joeward said:

Boy, I bet the 4's sound great! never heard them but based on how my 2's sound I'd love to upgrade to 4's someday.

I owned forte II for 30 years before selling to a forum member and buying the forte IV.  Found a 3 week old pair straight out of the wrapper on FB MP.  As good as the forte II is, the IV is head and shoulders above.  Much more refined without losing that live sound, much deeper bass and wider soundstage.  I am done chasing the dragon.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, John Chi-town said:

I owned forte II for 30 years before selling to a forum member and buying the forte IV.  Found a 3 week old pair straight out of the wrapper on FB MP.  As good as the forte II is, the IV is head and shoulders above.  Much more refined without losing that live sound, much deeper bass and wider soundstage.  I am done chasing the dragon.  

I inherited my fathers 1986 Forte 1s and used them as my mains for over 20 years until I bought my Forte IVs a couple years ago. I use the Forte1s as my surround speakers now. As good as the Forte 1s are they are not nearly as good in many ways as the IVs are. The IVs have a deeper, taller. and wider soundstage than the 1s and the bass is tighter on the IVs and the IVs sound much clearer and accurate without any tendency to be irritating.

• Like 3

• John Chi-town changed the title to Klipsch Forte 4 Lambs Wool Grills and original grills $2,700 Reduced from $3,500*SOLD*