Sacreligious question for Klipschorn owners

Randy Bey

I'm thinking the whole enchilada here.

At first I was thinking just bass bins, but then I figured what the heck, it's just a crossover and another driver.

I have a friend who will hopefully be making a pair this summer. Due to their immense size I doubt if we'll be doing any A/B comparisons.

But I don't understand -- Wayne says the main reason he can use two drivers for such a wide range is higher performance drivers, since K's are usually Eminence drivers, which are not high end.

I thought the bass bin would be 8 feet across to do a 25Hz signal. Guess I'm wrong?

Randy, I had similar doubts...the bass cab does not look like anything I have seen before, in scale or in throat/horn design...let´s wait and see how your friends turns out...I am still waiting (for the construction in my garden) until I can start to build the WO34 sub, whose plans I ordered a few months ago...

Tony, I am also very interested in the WOW32. I listened to other, very high end subwoofers recently (actually just REL) and was left cold.

This all comes from (hoity-toity drum roll please) a concert at Orchestra Hall last month, listening to Firebird live.

Oh man, when those tympanis and double basses got going, the air shook. I came away thinking "I GOTTA get me one of these!" So now I'm looking for something to reach 25Hz or so.

Wayne claims his stuff fits the bill.

http://www.pispeakers.com

I am in no hurry, it may be quite a while before I can afford a sub. Specially if I go with the Contrabass, which is a cool $4000, w/o crossover or amp.

randy steve d. has sold most of these seemingly to car decibel freaks...you can never tell from his comments whether this sub will perform as described...though it looks great! all the benefits of a low frequency horn, without the enormous size...I am just on the verge of having a local woodworker make the cabinet and source the drivers from madisound...I have to source an amp/x-over (what to get cheap? one of those generic flat plate jobs?) and then we I will inform you of the results...tony

please do.

I got a Deckert Zen amp and sent it back after the 30 days. He had WAY overhyped it. I think his forte is speakers though so maybe the sub will be better.

He said the WO would blend well with Klipsches and every time I talked to him on the phone he made me a believer.

In retrospect much of what I disliked about the Zen was not his fault, but a ground loop that became apparent only with tube amps.

All in all his amp still was UNDERpowered, couldn't get the K's to keep from clipping even at nominal volumes.

How much is that then? 500 Milliwatts? And he was claiming 5?