KHorns

T2K

Some fella has had an add in the Birmingham News classified ads for about a week selling a pair of K-Horns.Oak finish just like new,so

the ad says.$3000 or best offer.Sacifice.If interested shoot me a message for a number.

Keith

Since we're on a K-Horn thread, my friendly neighborhood K-dealer has the power trio: A sweet pair of K-Horns for $2999 in light oak, and a equally beautiful Belle in the slightly darker variety for $900. These folks can be bargained with to a small degree. Of course, they're up here on the North Coast, so if any folks within driving distance of Rochester, NY are interested, give me a shout, and I'll give ya more details...

BTW, that was the first time I'd seen K-Horns in person in over five years! Naturally, our local dealer doesn't display them, so it's indeed a rare and welcomed sight. Wish I had the $$$

Joe!

That's the place, actually called Rowe Photo. They have another branch on Ridge Rd. It's a shame they won't even hook up the used K-Horns, because I am willing to bet they'd blow the grilles off any other make or model of speaker that store sells! The highest-end Klipsch they have on display are a pair of KLF 30s. It was the A/B comparison between those and a pair of KLF 20s versus all the other products they had for sale that convinced me where my dollars needed to go! If they had a pair of La Scalas or even Heresys on display, Hope's heritage assembly line would be far busier! IMHO, people will pay the extra $$ for the quality. We're not the bargain hunting society we used to be. As I'm sure most of us know, ask most average Joe, and they've never heard of Klipsch, and thinks Sony makes good audio gear! Just because they make great TVs doesn't mean they have the market cornered on everything electronic. Sheesh!

I am glad you made your decision wisely. I purchased a very nice pair of one owner LaScala's about 9 months ago and have not looked back since.

I still remember my first K-Horn experience. It was around 87-88, I was in college and very broke. I had a decent system for a guy with no money. I went with my best friend to a now defunct High-end store, to do some dreaming. We went into the largest sound room and there were the largest, most unusual looking speakers either of us had ever seen. Neither of us could figure out quite how the drivers worked until they were explained. The salesman invited us to listen. I asked him to play a favorite track from Stevie Ray Vaughn called Tin Pan Alley. He put it in the player and we were both blown away. The dynamics and speed were frightening. His guitar was presented with a clarity I had not heard before.

Hearing the K-Horns for the first time is still clearly etched in my mind. My friend and I still talk about it with a sense of awe. One day when I have a room with proper dimensions and corners, I will retire the trusty Scala's and in there place will go the mighty K-Horn. Joe