Klipsch Speakers = Grado Headphones

Gluegun

Hello everyone! I'm just here to let you all know (and trust me, I know about this stuff...I've started to REALLY get into headphones and stuff ), that, if ya didn't know, there's pretty much only one company that makes headphones with the "Klipsch Sound ". That company is Grado Labs (www.gradolabs.com). HOWEVER, if you WANT to get ultra high-end Klipsch type sound, you are going to need to get at least the SR-80's (those are the highest end ones in the line that end in a 1/8th inch jack), for about $90. The best place to get that stuff is probably headphone.com. Also, if ya wanna make em more comfy and have louder bass, get the Radioshack 33-377 pads. Just tryyyyyin to educate you all...

And oh, if ya want kinda worse headphones that block out sound and stuff, get the Sony MDR-V6's...

------------------

"Feh."

sorry gluegun, but i gotta disagree with you. I find the top end sennheisers to be more on par with the 4.1's than the grado's. Don't get me wrong, the grado's are great cans, but the hd580's are simply amazing (just like my pro's smile.gif). Of course that's just my opinion, and of course ymmv, in fact, it does smile.gif

J

------------------

JOIN THE "AMY FOR PRESIDENT" CAMPAIGN. OUR PLATFORM:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

SuperMicro PIIISCD I820 Mobo

512mb pc133 Viking

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata66

Maxtor 40GB 7200rpm ata100

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

GeForce256 32mb DDR (orig)

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Netgear RT314 Gateway/Router

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Triple Boot Me/2K/Whistler Build 2416

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

by "the klipsch sound" do you mean harsh bright highs and boomy exaggerated bass? confused.gif

also, i strongly disagree wtih the statement that top end sennheisers are on par with promedia 4.1's. top end sennheisers have WAY better sound quality than any promedia's!! promedia's don't even come close. in terms of quality sound, promedia's really aren't all that and a can of hamsters.

• Like 1

I totally agree with k27-R. Klipsch sound is a very forward soundstage, which is fine for everything except certain types of music. When looking for headphones you are using them for music so you shouldn't be looking for "Klipsch" sound. The hd-590s allowed me to hear sounds in every song I have that I didn't hear with the pros. But this is the way it should be considering the prices of both of them.

Well, if you LIKE bright, detailed treble, a Very forward soundstage, slightly exaggerated, but NOT BOOMY AND VERY TIGHT AND VERY DETAILED bass in your music, then you'll like Grados and Klipsch speakers, right?

Also, Grado's are only harsh if you have a low end one connected to a low quality portable...they can still be driven by a portable, they're made to, but that's the only case where they may have harsh highs.

...Basically the SR-325's are roughly equal to the Sennheiser 580's...even better, especially for Rock and most related genres...

Also, unlike Senn's, Grado's don't need an amp...they still benefit from them, though (by losing the last remote possibility of "harsh" highs, which is pretty remote anyways, especially the higher up the Grado line you go...)

Basically, I'm saying that both have the same basic *type* of sound, which I was under the impression that you all LIKED...

------------------

"Feh."

paragon, yes, they're open, but i have a single in my dorm so i don't have a roomate to piss off, he he... I also agree, cans produce WAY more detailed sound than just about any speaker can, that's just the science of sound. I only meant in terms of quality, for the price, i find the 4.1's to bee good quality speakers and i like them in combination with my hd580's and 545's.

J

------------------

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

512mb pc133 Viking

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

I would like to know what your issue is with the Pro's k27-R. I think the hill-billy shack you live in might not be the right environment to listen to these great speakers. Hey, is that a tornado?

Every post I see you replying to, you always have something bad to say about the Pro's. Do us all a favor, go to some other BB if you have nothing good to say, we're all tired of your BS.

It seems like your just an insecure shut-in that has nothing better to do than ***** all day that he doesn't like the Pro's sound.

Well, go get yourself a set of "high end" Bose or whatever multimedia speakers you think are better and shuv them up your "boom" sensitive @$$!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

you obviously don't know what hi-end sound is - especially if you consider Bose to be it rolleyes.gif

i'm just tellin it like it is. i have had two sets of pro's (v2-400, 4.1). they're fine speakers, but NO WHERE near the quality of good headphones. the pro's are good but only to an extent....afterall they're still just computer speakers. the only reason i still hang around this board is because most people here are pretty cool, and sometimes i learn new things. but if you guys don't want me posting anymore, i'm gone.

later people

one last......rock on before i go........ROCK ON!!!!!!!s> cool.gif

btw, thanks for the tornado warning. i don't know if my "hill billy shack" here in the middle of Silicon Valley, California could take it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Like 1

i agree. the pro's have an excelent sound, and i love them. but no speakers can compare to good headphones. the sound is just so much more detailed and clear. i have sony v-6's btw, which i love about as much as my pro's.

and moviefreak-i dont think k was bashing the pro's, he was just stating that headphones will always be better then speakers (at comparable price levels)

tko, he he....

J

------------------

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

512mb pc133 Viking

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply

Klipsch Pro-Media 4.1's

umm... a floppy.

thats it, for now

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

K27-R.. DON'T LEAVE.. You don't have to have the Pros or think they are teh "best" to post here. Good cans are better

The Pros are good.. few flaws but they are good.. don't get me wrong. there are better one out ther, but chances are they cost more like your Speakers K27-R. The Pros are great when comparign to similar sats.. but when you get larger mid-drivers they start to fall back. My Bro has VanderSteen HTS <1", 4.5", 8", 10" just in the front speakers> and I'm sure they are a ton clearer.

Also.. Speaker placement and soundstage play a big role on how things sound.. that is one of the main reasons why headphones are gouing to sound better than large speakers - Stereo sound is going to be better. Even my cheap @$$ PortableCD headphons have better stereo than the Pros cause they are right at my ears.. IceCube - Ask About Me.. the bomb part oand gunshots sound better thru the headphones than the Pros.. but if I were to put the pros by my ears.. they would sound closer to the headphone stage.

One thing with headphones is that you will lack teh chestpounding bass.. but you can always use headphones thru teh pros while leaving the pors on for their bass biggrin.gif - aint that bad.

K27-R, I was being sarcastic when I put Bose in quotations.

I know what high end is, I just can't afford it in the HT dept. But I could afford it when it came to high end for PC's. And that's the Pro's.

You can't even compare good headphones to any speaker setup, it's just not the same thing, not even close.

And the reason I said go to a different BB is because everything you seem to comment on is against the Pro's. I thought this was a forum for troubleshooting, praise, comments, and yes the odd bad review. But you just keep slamming the Pro' and sometimes the people that own them too.

So if you have something good to contribute, great... I just haven't seen it yet.

"The Pro's aren't all that and a can of hamster's" I don't call that constructive criticism, do you CatKnight?

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

quote:

Originally posted by Movie Freak:

K

And the reason I said go to a different BB is because everything you seem to comment on is against the Pro's. I thought this was a forum for troubleshooting, praise, comments, and yes the odd bad review. But you just keep slamming the Pro' and sometimes the people that own them too.

So if you have something good to contribute, great... I just haven't seen it yet.

"The Pro's aren't all that and a can of hamster's" I don't call that constructive criticism, do you CatKnight?

bsflag.gif

there's a search function on this forum, do a "Search by User Name" and put it my name, k27-R. then tell me that everything i comment is against the pro's again rolleyes.gif

you said i slammed people that own pro's. show me one incident where i did this, one! mad.gif

oh geez, i said that the pro's sound quality wasn't really all that. boohoo rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Alright, I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong... you have never been harsh to a Pro owner in the BB.

But since you replaced you Pro's, you have to admit that your overall opinion of them does tend to be on the negative side. But I guess that is your right. Everyones ears are diferent, just like opinions.

You have owned both the 4.1's and the V2-400's not many people can say they have done that. And I guess that means some of your criticism has been based on actual experience.

Your one of the lucky ones that can change speaker systems like most of us change socks. I don't know too many people that can go out and buy $700 PC speakers after purchasing 2 previous sets.

I guess one tends to get tired of hearing the few people out there that are sensitive to very clear highs complain that the Pro's don't have any midrange. While to the majority of Pro owners, they have hard hitting bass and wonderfull top end. And if positioned right in their environment, the combination creates a wonderful sound stage that (like you have said) can bring tears to ones eyes.

You know what, all of that aside, I had a shitty week at work and snapped, I might have read too much into your reply and decided to go Fruit-Loops on you.

And now that I think about it, I really hammered some guy on the BB the other day, but he is a certified idiot who decided to crank his Pro's at 100% for a half hour and blew them up. So I'm not worried.

All the best to you k27-R and I hope you stick around and ignore the grumpy old farts like me that can't keep their p!$$ and vinegar inside where it belongs.

------------------

Can we get back on topic?

Anyways, I'm sure that, especially paired with a good amp (you know, say...The Grado RA-1?), the SR-325's will be equal in quality to some of those high end home Theater Klipsch speakers...

And plus, that combo is CHEAP...if you LIKE the Klipsch type sound, this is a cheap, good way to get it completely portably...as in, it's all battery powered...

You know, gimme your responses to what I've said...lets get back on topic. Mkay?

------------------

"Feh."

I find that the pro's high's are clear, but sharp. Also, the recessed midrange is slightly annoying. I like my klipsches because they are clear and powerful, but I don't particularly enjoy the 'klipsch sound', nor would I want to intentionally buy headphones with that type of sound. harsh highs give me headaches frown.gif

It's pretty funny that your stuck on "Klipsch" sound being so good. I think the pros totally rock, but aren't the best for music because no speaker can compare with a equally priced pair of headphones. The thing that still keeps my pros above my 590s is that they have the ability to shake my house and blow me out of the room when watching movies.

oooh, we got ourselves a nice little pissin contest here. he he...

------------------

PIII @ 1.08GHZ

512mb pc133 Viking

Generic DVD 4X

Creative 8x4x32x Burner

3Com 905B-TX Lan

Philips Acoustic Edge

425w Power Supply