So now that Klipsch is going to Best Buy........

shoe11

I hate to come in here and be cynical..really

But its all about the $$$$$.

Tied in with how much the retailer can move in a month .

Best buy moves allmost as much electronics in a month,as Wallmart does with all else.

I would never come out and say this if I didnt

know,.but after working for one major retailer

and two major PC manufactures, everyone is looking at their monthly margins.

And from Fred Klipsch's perspective,. if its his brand massed on the center isle ends,the better for Klipsch LLC.

I didn't want this to be so long winded but ,

image aside,..its really about monthly margins

and the minimum amount of turn on the goods

And..their retailers return policy's.

Plus to be a world player,..Fred has got to

be there with the sony's the JVC's,the onkyo's

But hey,.we can still order Heritage from the

high end places..so im not so worried.

I can't see that ending anytime soon.

And maybe PWK would rest easier knowing it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been on 2 1/2 days, almost 300 hits and all we have so far is one member who bought a sub from them a few years ago and another member's friend bought a Sony set. Not a single member has bought a pair of main speakers from them?

I created this thread because I suspected that even with the expanded visibility Klipsch will get from going to Best Buy, almost no one who is interested enough in Klipsch to participate on this forum has ever bought home audio there. After 300 hits, I'm amazed not a single member has replied to say they bought main speakers from Best Buy. I thought there would at least be a few anyway.

~shoe

Guest Joshua Ryan Hall

KJ:

For your own protection and satisfaction, I encourage you to read the "UNAUTHORIZED DEALER" warning located at the bottom of the page on klipsch.com.

This is a completely separate issue, which doesn't really have a place in this search string, but you can find a plethora 'o information on online sales within this Forum.

--Joshua

----------------

On 2/17/2003 2:00:13 PM swells wrote:

"...almost no one who is interested enough in Klipsch to participate on this forum has ever bought home audio there. After 300 hits, I'm amazed not a single member has replied to say they bought main speakers from Best Buy."

Have Best But sold Klipsch before?

----------------

My implied association above was not the best choice of words. I'm assuming your question is rhetorical, but if not, only the Pro Media computer series is presently sold at Best Buy. While it's true that Klipsch has not previously been sold at Best Buy, that does not preclude people who own Klipsch now from previously having made a home audio speaker purchase at Best Buy of some other brand. The fact at least so far from the responses received is that no one on here has.

I hope in the marketing change that I might see an increase in Klipsch speakers locally. We use to have a realatively decent repesentaion in the mid 80's, i.e. the kg2, kg4, heresy, forte, and cornwalls. All of these were in a decent audition room. I have been looking to audition the Klipsch line and found a local dealer 4km away. They have the sb1, sf1 and ksw 10, all on an isle shelf. sure is great for acoustics eh!

I hope in the marketing change that I might see an increase in Klipsch speakers locally. We use to have a relatively decent representation in the mid 80's, i.e. the kg2, kg4, heresy, forte, and cornwalls. All of these were in a decent audition room. I have been looking to audition the Klipsch line and found a local dealer 4km away. They have the sb1, sf1 and ksw 10, all on an isle shelf. sure is great for acoustics eh! Ha ha

I did get a descent audition of a pair of RF5 and only had to travel some 640+km round trip. Very impressive, I just wish that I could pop in on a whim; I could use a little more listening time.

I have to say, the local store would order in what ever I wanted for only 20% down. I find it hard to buy and/or do a side by side comparison with only the sales pamphlet.

----------------

On 2/17/2003 2:43:17 PM swells wrote:

I hope in the marketing change that I might see an increase in Klipsch speakers locally. We use to have a relatively decent representation in the mid 80's, i.e. the kg2, kg4, heresy, forte, and cornwalls. All of these were in a decent audition room. I have been looking to audition the Klipsch line and found a local dealer 4km away. They have the sb1, sf1 and ksw 10, all on an isle shelf. sure is great for acoustics eh! Ha ha

I did get a descent audition of a pair of RF5 and only had to travel some 640+km round trip. Very impressive, I just wish that I could pop in on a whim; I could use a little more listening time.

I have to say, the local store would order in what ever I wanted for only 20% down. I find it hard to buy and/or do a side by side comparison with only the sales pamphlet.

----------------

Well given the news of the Synergy line being sold at Best Buy, there will definitely be increased exposure of at least that line, but the point that you raise about the inavailability of the Reference line for auditioning is one that Klipsch really needs to pay attention to. Up until about this time last year I was in the same boat.. No one around here carried them. My understanding is that by moving the Synergy line into Best Buy more customers will then be inclined to pursue Klipsch's higher end lines. That's going to be harder to do now that Klipsch has ended it's relationship with Tweeter.

My concern is the termination of the Reference/Heritage lines with Tweeter. As fellow member Justin has commented on in another post:

"I still don't understand why Klipsch would pull out of a very successful relationship (as I understand it to have been) for another venture when you could keep Tweeter and just add on Best Buy."

Sure would be interested to know why Tweeter couldn't have been held on to.

Still looking for one buyer from Best Buy. 9.gif

Hi Shoe

Guess my interest still stands in the heritage

lineup, as my next stereo speakers will be the cornerhorns.

That also stems from owning 82 cornwalls, and now ,lascalla speakers in our big screen setup

IF we had a Best Buy around here,.they won't

be carrying heritage ,so its no use to me.

But ,Fred wants in on the big time mass market end of the business,.Best Buy can put

more of his product in the customers face, than the competition.(not that im pushing BB)

this will be the Klipsch Eqiv,of the cavalier

or neon, bread and butter.

Because..folks don't order lincolns everyday.

but...they do still order....!

Shoe~

yeah,.i see where u are comming from.

if i were sitting in your chair now i would most likely keep what i have,..for the sake of

having it.

Im a guy who hates setbacks, and if i had to

do mineagain and buy something else besides heritage for the H.T , i dunno where i would start. JBL pro? maybe,old VOT? most likely not.

Changing to something else will change the whole personality of your system.

And,its just a pain in the *** to start again!

ROb

shoe~

oh yeah i forgot...lol

..System..

Klipsch Lascalla L-C-R

Klipsch KTP 484 18" subs (x2)

Klipsch in walls surrounds

Hammond fan cooled rack cabinet

Bryston HT processor

Harman kardon citation 16/A (x2)

Dynaco stereo 416

Bryston 2BLP

Stewart Center Channel ready screen

double 20A AC for amp rack

Panasonic DVD player

----------------

On 2/19/2003 1:08:09 PM robB wrote:

And,its just a pain in the *** to start again!

ROb

----------------

Well you see I haven't stopped for about a year now! 9.gif9.gif9.gif

I was looking forward to a Heritage setup or maybe a new flagship Reference setup (RF-9/RSW-18?), but oh well. Tweeter will be bringing in some new brands shortly, so I'm sure I'll give them a listen. Just don't like the fact that my upgrade path to better and/or future Klipsch products is gone now.

Nice setup you have by the way.

~shoe

----------------

On 2/15/2003 1:19:55 AM shoe11 wrote:

Who among us has ever purchased or even considered purchasing home audio speakers from them? My guess is that the majority of this forum never has. Perhaps of interest for the marketing folks at Klipsch.

----------------

I'll admit, that I have never bought any main speakers from Best Buy. I almost bought a complete Infinity setup (RS 2000.5 mains, CC-3 center, RS 2000.3 surrounds and (if I recall) BS-2 sub) along with a Kenwood reciever from Circuit City a few years ago though, but at the time, I did not have the $2000 or so that would have costed. I ended up buying a Yamaha setup from Sears of all places for around $600, and that was the showroom floor model. Normally it would have been around $1000. I did eventually get the Infinity RS 2000.5 mains through Crutchfield though with the intent to complete the Infinity setup as I got more money. I never completed it and that was the setup I ended up with for several years. When I did get the money to complete my HT setup the way I wanted (especially after getting the Denon receiver - see below), that was when the Tweeter here opened up and it was there that I finally got to hear the Klipsch Reference line! I knew right away that was what I wanted in my HT!

More recently (just this past spring), I have almost purchased a Yamaha receiver from Best Buy (HT 5590, I believe) to upgrade my aging Yamaha R-V702 receiver, but ended up ordering the Denon AVR3802 off the internet instead. After getting the Denon, I was much desired to get better speakers to finish my HT setup as mentioned above. I'll admit that had it not been for a Tweeter opening up in the area, I may have very well went with a JBL Setup (S312 mains, S-Center for both front and rear centers, and S-38 for surrounds). However, I was also prepared to make the trek up north to the next closest dealer to look at the Klipsch Reference series speakers.

Lastly, the ProMedia V2.400s I currently have, I ordered through Klipsch directly.

The only speakers that I did buy from Best Buy was a set of Boston Acoustic BA-635 (about $60 at the time) for my Linux box and a set of Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800 (about $100 at the time) for my Win2K box. This was probably about 2 years ago.

Also, I did buy my DVD player (listed below) at Circuit City. Interestingly, they just opened up a new, larger Circuit City here right before Thanksgiving, and I had as yet been in there.

For the Canadian folks, especially the poster from Atlantic Canada, do you have a Future Shop up your way? I know they have them in the western part of Canada (BC). Best Buy is basically the same as Future Shop.

I told a friend who was looking at some direct-marketed speakers that the problem with the concept is that audio memory is so short that comparisons need to be made with the same gear in the same inviornment and while indeed this is great to do in your own home, most people do not have the funds or time or patience or help of others neccesary to do a blind comparative demo in their own home. He pointed out that cc and bb are rarely able to get the combination of equipment that he wants to compare to work together...I say they are not concerned with the appeal of the quality of product as much as they are with the appeal of the price, and this is why people should choose a better retailer with a better sales staff which has the ability to a/b speakers,etc...Because he is one of those people that marketing can convince that he can get a product just as good for half the price he was hard to persuad(a very tight bast@&d he is)...so I told him to buy the direct marketed product of his choice and I would bring over several alternatives at the same price point and do a comparative demop...he now owns a fine set of Mirage omni50's.........if the mnfgrs of hi-fi equip persue the "NO-comparative-demo" retail/etail model then it will be price over quality...just like rcvrs with all the features in the world but no build/sound quality....

8888888888888*********************************88888888888

In my experiances (see mitsubishi big screens a just one example) when bb gets a down graded part of the line of a mnfgr they tend to get many customers from the better retailers with the better part of the line 'cause they think that they're getting close to the same thing for less money (regular toshiba vs. the cinema series)....

and when they become more than 65% of that mnfgrs buisness (as bb certainly will be to klipsch) they begin to dictate terms and price-points that mnfgrs have to hit(like what happened to polk) and thus a once decent audio company bites the dust...bb sells on price, you won't even be able to adequately A/B the klipsch against the jbl's there,........

Klipsch takes its leadership role as the number one supplier of high-performance loudspeakers seriously. The sale of audio separates has been declining at 15-20% per year for the last three years. The primary reasons are that times have changed, people have changed and consumer desires have changed. Most specialty manufacturers have remained focused on limited distribution, with little regard to the environment in which many consumers want to buy products. We feel an obligation to try and bring the experience of better audio to a larger audience. As a market leader, we refuse to sit by idly as the market continues to shrink.

Klipsch firmly believes our state-of-the-art, high-performance products must always be represented by our highly trained and knowledgeable specialty retailers. We also believe that many consumers in many markets have never had the specialty retail experience, nor are they familiar with what it is. For 2-1/2 years, we have successfully executed our Klipsch ProMedia strategy through Best Buyconnecting with an entirely new customer, giving them their first step-up audio experience with a true high-end audio company in the multimedia space, and educating them on the advantages of our high-performance home loudspeakers, only available through our specialty retail partners.

As many specialty retailers migrate toward custom installation, Best Buy is filling the lower mid-fi void in an environment where many highly educated, high-end consumers want to buy. Best Buy will do a great job representing our Synergy Series, enlightening significantly more people to the experience of high performance audio. The natural evolution will be converting many of our best Synergy customers to the ultimate in high-performance loudspeakersthe Reference Series.

Paul Klipsch brought the Heresy (non-fully horn-loaded speakers) to market because times had changed, people had changed and consumer desires had changed. He too wanted to reach out and expose more people to the passion of high performance audio.

With regard to the new Reference speakers, Klipschs top 25 retailers have been in Indianapolis over the last 3 weeks and their unanimous opinion is they are the best sounding line of speakers Klipsch has ever produced. You dont have to take my word for it, but I encourage you to audition the products when they hit the stores in May. Ive been with Klipsch for over 11 years and I think these new Reference products are the finest products weve ever taken to market.

Hi Russ,

thank you for the information regarding the speaker cable. I am looking forward to receiving it next week.

Looks like with the #2 svs coming in and the install of the second set of RS7s and running and removing cable my entire HT will be ripped apart yet again.

Can't wait!!!!!

Nice to finally talk to you and thank you for the info.

Scott