**SOLD** Klipsch KI-396 SMA-II For Sale St. Louis

44 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

It appears that I forgot to hit send. smh @MookieStl

Thanks

JJ

Ok, you might still be in time as they are not sold yet!

VAZ is going to try and get here for a test listen this week.

Just let me know.

• Like 1

• MookieStl changed the title to **SOLD** Klipsch KI-396 SMA-II For Sale St. Louis

Always nice to see someone who appreciates what PWK did jumpin in a bit deeper than the big box store stuff.  He'll be smiling for sure.  BTW @MookieStl you did tell him about your 30-day money back guarantee correct?  😂  😂   😂   💪   As if he's not gonna be grinnin from ear-to-ear when he cranks 'em.  :)

• Haha 1

Thought I better follow up...  I think the wife figured out these are new.  Lol  very cool to meet you mookie.

These did not disappoint.  4th of july here we come.

20240629_135338.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did some comparing this past week.

Ki 396's against LSI's and option for using a kp-115's

Verdict is still out.  Running these KP -115s sound better with LSI's, the

Ki's seem to hit different then kp-115-s.  

Man this is fun!

20240630_150514.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, VAZ019 said:

Man this is fun!

20240630_150514.jpg

Nice speakers man!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nickyboy6100 said:

Nice speakers man!

Agreed. VAZ has some of my favorites right there.

To get any better, you have to give up a lot more floor space and money. 

• Thanks 1

Atta boy Mookie!  You know and I know he's blowin up da hood today.  Once he breaks his neighbors in they'll be yellin request's to him.  THEN the fun REALLY starts!  Congrats to ya both on the deal.  Have ya sum fun VAZ!  Happy 4th!  :)

• Moderators
On 7/4/2024 at 3:16 AM, VAZ019 said:

Man this is fun!

20240630_150514.jpg

What crossover point were you using on the LSI? On the 396’s? What are those risers you are using the KP-115?

The lsi's and 396s are on harbor freight carts slight tilt back, the 115's are on some homade stands actually made for the 396's.  they have the wedge shape.  Just used them like to get them off the ground.

Not an expert on crossovers, still learning so here goes.  I had three crown xls2500 amps, 1 for each set.  The LSI's and 396s set on stereo bypass, same eq and levels.   The 15's have own EQ. and amp using a low pass filter at 125hz.  Seemed that was about the best.  Little thump but no annoying long awkward rumbles.  Love that kick drum funk bass sound, just a little punch.

That's how I set the kp 480's with the lsi's recently for a prom dj gig.  Fun setting that sound. 

Note: Computer to the mixer,  through a behringer ultra zone (splits audio with gain controls), then Seperate eq's for audio(LSI'S OR 396'S) and Subs seperate.  The sub amp gains are usually hottest 3 o clock.  The 396's need more power than the lsi's.  396'S also 3 o clock.  LsI's amp gains are 1  o'clock.

That matched the dB level in the room to compare the sounds.  Tried each set with subs without.  And of course all of it...  just took the pic for reference.

20240709_222948.thumb.jpg.a4f005461566f4a7fc621d34ec10c213.jpg

It should be a fun ride playing with all of those toys.
The Lsi and 396 are different beasts.  I would not run them both through the same settings on the graphic equalizer. LSi need a little help on the low end and the 396 a boost on the high end was my experience.  What seems to help one set would be counter productive on the other. 
I also gave up on boosting the very low end on the LS if I was using a good sub. The relatively short bass horn of the LS restricts low bass (gives you excellent bass,  just not low bass)

Have fun experimenting.