Jump to content

Klipsch La Scala AL6 (All New, Coming Soon) - Live Presentation by Chief Bonehead - Ask Questions Here


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators

During the last week of June, @Chief bonehead Roy Delgado, Jr. will be doing a live presentation with Mark Casavant  (possible surprise quests) on the soon-to-be-released La Scala AL6 System during the last week of June. (I will update on exact date/time, platform). He may also talk about some other things in Heritage pipeline, joint ventures and maybe some other surprises. There will be an opportunity for those watching the live presentation (general public)  to ask questions during the live in  "chat."

 

For anyone who has watched a Listening Lounge in the past you know that that questions fly and it is impossible them to see them all, let along answer them. So, I am posting this thread here so if you have questions about the AL6 System, active cross-over, etc., integration with the forthcoming Heritage Subwoofers, I am posting this thread here for Forum Members to ask questions which I will get to Roy and Mark in advance of the live presentation to give them an idea about what people are interested in knowing. 

 

Ask away. 

 

Travis

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will the AL6 E crossover have a "subwoofer out" and be volume controlled by The Preamp?  If so, will there be a way to time delay the sub?

Will the AL6 E crossover be RCA output only?

There is more than one sub option, How will the AL6 E Crossover know which sub it is so that the "magical EQ by Roy" can be implemented?

 

If there is no sub out on the E Crossover, will we just need the EQ information to program into our own crossover or DSP amp?

 

What is Roy's favorite whiskey drink?

 

jc

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
30 minutes ago, jwc said:

Will the AL6 E crossover have a "subwoofer out" and be volume controlled by The Preamp?  If so, will there be a way to time delay the sub?

Will the AL6 E crossover be RCA output only?

There is more than one sub option, How will the AL6 E Crossover know which sub it is so that the "magical EQ by Roy" can be implemented?

 

If there is no sub out on the E Crossover, will we just need the EQ information to program into our own crossover or DSP amp?

 

What is Roy's favorite whiskey drink?

 

jc

 

 

Well those are some dang good ones. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jwc said:

Will the AL6 E crossover be RCA output only?

 

At the Chief Bonehead class on the new La Scala back in March, I believe Roy said that the DSP crossover units for the La Scala AL6/Klipschorn AK7 will have both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs and outputs just like the DSP for the Jubilee.  Of course, confirming this with Roy would be a good idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what if I ask really good questions and you all change something in your model or production?? What’s the understanding to come from that? I’m all four supporting the things of my interest with good effort.. So I must ask… What happens to really really good questions that are impactful and noteworthy. 
 

I asked because it is in my nature to want to try to do the very best that I can. Assuming that the navy taught me anything on the submarines that I worked on and were assigned to, just to ensure the different ships could pass, evaluations and tests and other performance reviews. What kind of silver bullets doesKLIPSCH have for such questions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

offering an 'upgrade path' for AL5 and AK6 owners would be a mistake... maybe after 2-3 years of the AL6 being on the market, it would be nice to have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jwc said:

There is more than one sub option, How will the AL6 E Crossover know which sub it is so that the "magical EQ by Roy" can be implemented?

jc

 

 

 

isn't that really the bastion of the cutoff on the mains and not by the capability of a supplemental' subwoofer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Schu said:

offering an 'upgrade path' for AL5 and AK6 owners would be a mistake... maybe after 2-3 years of the AL6 being on the market, it would be nice to have.

 

As I mentioned in my coverage of the last Chief Bonehead class, Roy said that one of the reasons that the redesign of the was done in a way that didn't require changes to the cabinets was to allow an upgrade.  Klipsch has a tradition of providing Heritage upgrade kits where possible.  The Heresy II to III kit and the Forte III to IV kit are examples.  I assume there will be a delay between ramping up the new speaker production and the introduction of the upgrade kit.  I am curious to know what that delay will be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
19 hours ago, MMurg said:

I'd like to know the estimated timetable for the release of the upgrade kits for La Scala AL5 and Klipschorn AK6 owners.

These are great questions, I'm going to brake it into two parts: 1. "If upgrade kits will be available for AL5 to AL6, and if so when?" 

 

Then, "Is something similar planned for the Klipschorn, i.e., AK7? When? Will there be an upgrade option for that if that happens?" 

 

I'm doing it this way so that Roy can cover what he can on the AL6 and that get's answered to some extent because he got authority from on high to do the soft, informal,  announcement of AL6 through the Sponsorship Campaign. This way if they are not in the same position about the Klipschorn the AL6 might still get answered. 

 

Travis

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
14 hours ago, imeiamme said:

What kind of silver bullets doesKLIPSCH have for such questions?

Ummmmmm, with Roy he either qualifies his answer or doesn't answer it. 

 

It's not his first rodeo, there are multiple YouTube videos of Roy being interviewed about upcoming products. There is a two-part one with Roy about horns and the Heritage Jubilee before production. There is another good one with Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio on the Jubilee, where they get into the back of the Active XO Unit and they indicate they can't discuss what the extra "holes/inputs are for" but that something's coming. 

 

He speaks about this kind of stuff, literally, all over the world. 

 

The submarine analogy would be if you asked about the anechoic coating of your boat, or the propulsion technology, if "they"can answer it they will, if they can't (NTK) they won't. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, MMurg said:

 

As I mentioned in my coverage of the last Chief Bonehead class, Roy said that one of the reasons that the redesign of the was done in a way that didn't require changes to the cabinets was to allow an upgrade.  Klipsch has a tradition of providing Heritage upgrade kits where possible.  The Heresy II to III kit and the Forte III to IV kit are examples.  I assume there will be a delay between ramping up the new speaker production and the introduction of the upgrade kit.  I am curious to know what that delay will be. 

 

PWK has offered upgrades going back to the '50s, as well as recommended modifications. Many of these are in the Dope From Hope Book. As you say, that continues. 

 

People can also search in the Forum for "upgrade", there have been discussions about them over the last 20 years or so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Schu said:

 

isn't that really the bastion of the cutoff on the mains and not by the capability of a supplemental' subwoofer?

He will probably discuss a bit about the Heritage Subwoofers as it is part of the Campaign, get me your basic questions on the Heritage Subs, connections, settings, etc. and I will put them in the packet. 

 

Travis

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 hours ago, Schu said:

offering an 'upgrade path' for AL5 and AK6 owners would be a mistake... maybe after 2-3 years of the AL6 being on the market, it would be nice to have.

That very well may be his answer on the time frames, I have no idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.e91c334973e244041c06f4b8d5b986e1.jpeg
 

On 6/11/2024 at 2:12 PM, Travis In Austin said:

 

The submarine analogy would be if you asked about the anechoic coating of your boat, or the propulsion technology, if "they"can answer it they will, if they can't (NTK) they won't. 

 

 

The coating ? Propulsion is: LOVE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
3 hours ago, babadono said:

I believe this needs to be asked...any time frame on the Heritage Subs release date? And @Travis In Austin you will let us know exact date/time of the podcast as it approaches?

I will get this question submitted and I will up date when and where the live presentation will be. It’s probably going to be on Klipsch YouTube Channel and their Facebook platform simultaneously.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Klipsch Employees
On 6/10/2024 at 4:34 PM, MMurg said:

 

At the Chief Bonehead class on the new La Scala back in March, I believe Roy said that the DSP crossover units for the La Scala AL6/Klipschorn AK7 will have both balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs and outputs just like the DSP for the Jubilee.  Of course, confirming this with Roy would be a good idea.

Yes they will. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Klipsch Employees
On 6/12/2024 at 6:56 PM, babadono said:

I believe this needs to be asked...any time frame on the Heritage Subs release date? And @Travis In Austin you will let us know exact date/time of the podcast as it approaches?

Not at this point. We really like to plan release dates and such…….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...