Klipsch H700 Serial 1D101 & 1D104

Hello,

I just purchased these Klipsch H700 H-WO-12 speakers with serial numbers 1D101 and 1D104. Am I decoding these correctly?

"1" is the first batch of 1000.

"D" is 1966.

101 and 104 are the number in that batch (-100 for the starting number?).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I read that as the 101st and 104th Heresy made in 1966.  They are Heresy Is, with a very nice woofer (SP-12B).  However, later HIs had a custom built K-22 that tolerates about twice the power.  I had a pair that I liked. 

Posted (edited)

I tried them today on an AudioLab A6000 and WiiM Amp, and they sound amazing. The seller told me that her grandfather loved them very much, which would explain the condition.

Does anyone know what the set of staples on the back held?

Edited by seelyefamilyfarm

DoubleJ is likely correct regarding the staples.  I cannot find the Only Klipsch brochure in the Archives, and would definitely like to get good scans of both sides!  jim@klipschmuseum.org would be the best destination.

1D000 shipped 10 Mar 1966, while 9D99 shipped the day before.  9D75 was the first to ship in 1966 (3 Jan 1966).  Since the first Heresy was #101, some math will be required!

The first Heresy made was #101 and used a K-1000 horn in 1957.  It was called the Model H.  In 1966 the K-700 horn was introduced and the name became H-700.  The first logbook notation of this was 1D030 shipped 20 May 1966.

Your 1D101 should be the 1000th Heresy made (of any variation).

• Like 1