Passive sub KPT 884 SW 18"

Klipsch Professional KPT 884 SW 18" Subwoofer

Has anyone ever had experience with this passive sub? Claims to be a Cinema/Auditorium sub. Want to use with my 2 Khorns & 2 Lascalas.

Thanks for any input.

• Moderators

I have not, but @bhendrix has. He had a brand new one in his Underground Jubilee HT setup. 

I think he will tell you, based on what he had to say after hearing the upcoming Heritage Subwoofers (4 sizes), is that the 884 is not match for the fully horn loaded 2nd to largest Heritage Sub. Those will be offered in the standard Heritage wood options.

Roy ran Khorns with a prototype of the Heritage Sub, and ran them so the Khorns were true “full range”, 20 to 20, and there were a lot of favorable comments. 

I will post a link.  

Travis

22 hours ago, aleftwich22 said:

Klipsch Professional KPT 884 SW 18" Subwoofer

Has anyone ever had experience with this passive sub? Claims to be a Cinema/Auditorium sub. Want to use with my 2 Khorns & 2 Lascalas.

Thanks for any input.

I use the KPT-884 SW. Works good for me. I recommend a high pass filter @18Hz. If you can acquire one (or more) KPT subs without paying huge delivery fees, you should try them.

Or you could wait for Klipsch to release their horn loaded subs as recommended by @Travis in Austin.

On 7/5/2024 at 12:16 AM, Travis In Austin said:

I think he will tell you, based on what he had to say after hearing the upcoming Heritage Subwoofers (4 sizes), is that the 884 is not match for the fully horn loaded 2nd to largest Heritage Sub. Those will be offered in the standard Heritage wood options.

I am very much looking forward to the new heritage subwoofers and now I'm just wondering, does standard heritage wood options include distressed oak, or is this outside of what is planned for the subwoofers? Might there be a later point in time when there might be a distressed oak option?