Setting up Home Theater with what I've got!

inframan

Hello all. This looks like the right place to ask this question!

I'm currently setting up a home theater and want to use the existing components that I own for now.

I'm running a Yamaha RXV-850 with Klipsch KG-4.2 main speakers. These have been great for me over the years and I feel will serve well going forward.

My question is on center and rear speakers. I wondering if the RC-3/RC-7 and RB-3/RB-5 will match up with the mains.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Great start on a system! Your is almost identical to mine!

Yamaha RXV850

Klipsch Cornwall mains

Klipsch RC7 center

Definitive BP2 bipolar rears

There is a huge problem with our systems in that the receiver is an 'old style' dolby pro-logic, not even 5.1. The rear channels are designed for limited bandwidth and only carry 30 watts compared to 80 for the front three. Therefore, you need super efficient surround speakers to keep up with your Klipsch mains.

I just got the RC7 after using an old Altec model 7 (12" three way) for years- THE IMAGING AND SMOOTH FREQUENCY RESPONSE of the RC7 is amazing! The best $$$ I have ever spent on my theatre! The centre channel sound is SOOO critical you should spend top $$ on this speaker! You might find that it is almost too efficient though, so maybe a smaller Klipsch center would be in order!

I'm upgrading to the Yamaha 3300 soon! 6.1 surround, with 100 watts all around, the same rec out/zone 2 that you're used to on the 850, and bunches more surround modes. It still has phono input and something I use on the 850 which are pre out/ins, which I use for a 10 band EQ to flatten the response of my mains to my room acoustics. The 2300 does not have this.