• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 5/16/2005 8:03:38 PM Yes, NHL ! wrote:

Nothing like "Now Your Messing with a S.O.B." by April Wine or "Storm Troopin" by the MOTOR CITY MAD MAN before a hockey game.

----------------

I can't believe that no one else caught this.

Now your Messing with a SOB is from Nazareth, Hair of the Dog.

Steve

----------------

On 8/13/2005 2:08:59 AM customsteve01 wrote:

Steve

----------------

What? Now CMon. This is a thread about songs that you're ashamed to admit you like. Are you telling me that you're ashamed to admit liking that song?

Just thought of another song.

Cruel Curel Summer by Bananna Ramma(sp?). Do you know how hard it is to look cool driving through town in your jeep with the top down listening to this song? 4.gif

Sometimes it takes the context to understand the guilt ....

I am a middle-aged Republican southern baptist sunday school teacher, so naturally one of my guilty pleasures is AC/DC, especially "Thunderstruck."

And I regret to confess that back in the 70's I actually owned and frquently sang along with a Mac Davis album.11.gif

----------------

On 8/13/2005 9:59:34 AM m00n wrote:

...........Just thought of another song.

Cruel Curel Summer by Bananna Ramma(sp?). Do you know how hard it is to look cool driving through town in your jeep with the top down listening to this song?
4.gif

----------------

9.gif I like that image. I think I'd keep a copy of the theme from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" handy just for stop lights though.

My guilty pleasure: I like polka music. Alot.

----------------

On 8/13/2005 6:35:37 PM sputnik wrote:

9.gif
I like that image. I think I'd keep a copy of the theme from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" handy just for stop lights though.

My guilty pleasure: I like polka music. Alot.

----------------

Dude, with your 500th post being Zappa: Mothers of Invention's 'Freak Out', the men/sheep signature line, and now the polka music admission, you are really coming into your 'Freak' status -- in a major way. 9.gif

Woo

Not really ashamed of my music at all, so that's a tricky one -- here's my favorites:

Candy Dulfer + Boris and Beck - Finsbury Park, Cafe 67

^ That never gets old, had to record it off internet radio though (still a whooping 128kbit stream, but I've never seen it on CD and the record with it is impossible to get).

Chris Botti - Back into my heart

^ Cuz it's really loud. I gotta hear that in a concert someday.

Then there's the Saturday Night Fever stuff (BeeGees mostly) -- those I listen to when I'm alone.. gee I guess I do have a guilty pleasure haha.

Bona Fide has some really bassy stuff too :D Ditto that for Kim Waters (sometimes)...

yeah, I guess I just have a lot of jazz.

Michael Jackson is something I'm not ready to openly admit in most musical conversations. He's unfortunately had a tough life and has done some questionable things I'm sure. But his music is great. I mean, seriously, what the heck kind of other music do you know that has this much BASS?! 3.gif It's cool stuff, and I enjoy listening to it.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/13/2005 2:08:59 AM customsteve01 wrote:

----------------

On 5/16/2005 8:03:38 PM Yes, NHL ! wrote:

Nothing like "Now Your Messing with a S.O.B." by April Wine or "Storm Troopin" by the MOTOR CITY MAD MAN before a hockey game.

----------------

Steve

----------------

Me too! After I read my post I knew it wasn't right. April Wine was that one hit wonder that did "High Roller or She is a High Roller"?

• 8 months later...

Hmmm... you all saw my collection, I am afraid I outted myself on quite a bit, although they weren't all mine, as my wifes, but still I isten to them occasionally...

Bangles, Banannarama, Howard Jones.... I have them all lol. I remember as a kid seeing howard Jones at Six Flags in Texas back in the mid 80's... he was getting on a coaster right in front of me!

Forgot to add that I do understand what you are saying about playing something with the top down on your Jeep, or having the windows down & feeling a bit embarassed of what you were enjoying at the time...

Celine Dion has a song called "A new Day" although I think she's singing about a boy, I kind of relate it to having Cancer & going through that a bit. Very personal... not to be played outloud [;)]

I admit I also like this '91 debut album Seal (by Seal, natch), especially the song Whirlpool. I know the chicks dig him...I primarily like the CD due to the high quality recording...sounds damn good actually.[:)]

post-11084-13819297641956_thumb.jpg

Well.....I was just thinkin'about a song I seldom play in company but

use to sing as a kid.I'd be mowin' the grass singin' to the top of my

lungs and when I'd come in my sister would say"I heard you singin' that

song and I'm tellin' mom". Steppenwolf "The Pusher".