RCR-3 or RCW-3?

pezdude

K.

Since my future theater room is small (there's no room for 4 large rears, a chair and couch), I thought I'd have my rear surrounds in the ceiling. So far I'm looking to put 2 RCR-3's for the center rears and X for the rear right and lefts. I was looking at either RCR3's or RCW3's but was wondering... can you (or should you) put the RCW3's in the ceiling? or would it make sense to go with all RCR3's?

Got RP3's for mains and RC3 center.

Thanks,

Dave

I would just go with RCRs for the rear sense you're going to be mounting them in the ceiling. The tweeter is a little better in the RCWs but you just get reflected sound from rear speakers anyhow so I think the RCRs would work fine.

Hey, how do you like your RP-3s? How are the subs? Have you ever tried just using one of the built-in 10" powered subs (and then tweaking the level setting to compensate)? I was wondering if one would still produce a good amount of low end?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to help a friend with the same problem. Wife insists viewing across the short (15') dimension of the listening room. 53" set is 2' of depth, sofa on opposing wall is 3' of depth, leaving 10 feet viewing distance. Room is 20 feet wide, so frontal speaker placement is no problem.

However, what do you do with rear speakers when listening position is on rear wall? I told him to experiment with rears on stands 1 foot above seated head height, pointed OUTWARDS, so the sound diffuses off the rear and side walls. Any other suggestions, other than rear speakers in the ceiling?

Michael