first time klipsch owner

dtel

• Moderators

thank you all,for advice even though yall dident know i was listening. finally decided to ask a question. i just bought some klipsch, finally. sb3 ss1 sc1 to replace some old babby advents and pro logic reciever. i now need a new reciever, i like the yamaha rxv 630 by reviews only. i have no place to compare side by side. i also need a sub hopefully not more than around $250 for the sub ( i know thats not much ) but has to do for now ! any advise would be a big help . happy so far 1.gif

• Like 1

Receiver, well there are plenty of good receivers nowdays. You can get a decent receiver for under 500 bucks if you are looking for simplicity and functionality. Dolby digital, dts and pro-logic II are standard fare on most today. As far as a sub, try to locate a used ksw-12 or ksw-15, as they should work great with your system. A few members have used stuff for sale, maybe you could find someone in your neck of the woods with some used equipment for sale.

Welcome to the Family! You will find that you can get by with very little amplifier power, thanks to the efficiency of your new Klipsch speakers.

I favor Yamaha receivers and surround sound processors. The surround modes seem more lifelike than with other brands, and Yamaha lets you vary the amount and timing of reverb. Be careful, though, many of the newer 6.1 theatre receivers DO NOT have inputs for phonograph, if you still play records. If you're not using this setup for surround, they have some kicking stereo receivers, with full complement of inputs, including phonograph and much better damping factors ( the way the amp controls the speaker cones- related to the 'quality first watt' theory mentioned 3/5/03.

Hope this helps! Don't forget to get Klipsch surrounds when the time comes, any other speaker will not be as efficient so you won't hear the proper sound mix.

Michael - Cornwall mains, RC7 center, YAMAHA 3300 receiver, Definitive BP2 surrounds

In my experiences, Yamaha receiver's, while excellent, don't make for a good match with Klipch. Things tend to sound overly bright. I think Harman Kardon receivers and Klipch make a great combination. Keep in mind this is only my opinion.

Try to buy from a place where you can return the product if you're not satisfied. If you narrow it down to a couple receivers, maybe you could take both home and keep the one you like better.

Frank