come defend the promedias from klipsch bashers!

Swerv

The Pro Media's are the best pc speakers out there. I had the first one's that came out, but once i heard Pardigms Cinema series(5.1) I junked my pro's.

But remember, not everyone has $700 hundred canadain dollars for the pardigms.

If you want the best PC speakers go with the pro's, if you have a little extra money get the Pardigms.

The promedias do have boomy bass and no midrange -- when compared with speakers costing much more. I think this comparison comes from the promedias being "overhyped" - ie people claiming that the pros sound better than speakers costing twice the price, which certainly isn't true.

The promedias sound better than most other multimedia speakers in the price range. They are a great "value", but are certaintly not the end-all be-all to speakers. The promedias compete very well in their targeted market, and that why the product succeeds.

Swerv:

Why bother replacing the front sats with the Paradigm's? The way you have your setup now, the fronts and rears are perfectly matched (in terms of timber matching and what not), adding the Paradigms would throw everything out of wack, especially given the fact that you need to buy a separate amp for the Atom/Titans. Keep the Pros for your computer speakers and buy a whole new setup for music/home theater. Just my opinion.

-snap-

Btw, just read Distec's post, and I totally agree with what he's said. From what I read on this board, it seems like 90% of the people who post here have no idea of what real hifi audio is all about. The pros are probably their first speakers that are somewhat decent, and thus results in the exaggerated claims given to these speakers. The bottom line is these are $250 multimedia speakers with a line source coming from a computer soundcard. This, in no way, represents an ideal situation in terms of creating the best sound possible. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

-snap-

funny.. i thought the amp was in the sub, why could i not just use the atoms for the two fronts. i have a friend who has done this and the midrange was improved somewhat. although i dont think it would mess everything up since i mainly listen to music with just the 2 front not the rear, i leave them for dvd's and games. Just wondering if anyone watched the matrix Dvd at around 75% volume with bass on the THX dot. when Trinity jumps up in the air at the beginning when she is in a "jam" the bass is so loud it made a picture frame fall down on my wall.

luckily it didnt break. i'll have to use some double sided tape on that. When people compare their Altec sub's and Cambridge and Boston, bose acoustimas.... well i laugh. Ive heard all of them and they cant even come close to matching the klipsch sub, (when it is placed properly) i dont even consider myself close to what you people call an "audiophile" but i really enjoy listening to good quality music and i love audio in genral. i know there is much better out there, but the systems that some of these people are comparing to the promedias makes me wonder if these people are in grade 6. In fact i think that the majority of these people probably think their $600 Kenwood minisystem sounds "good".

when u place the klipsch sub properly and use proper media (ie: not 96kbit mp3s) then it beats the competition in terms of how low it goes and how smooth the bass is, more tight, longer extension, gives a "fuller" experience in my opinion.

Ive heard the competition and the only thing that can come close is the Videologic crossfire's sub, definatly wont fill the room with as much bass as the klipsch, but people claim it to be "tighter" and faster and the crossover is higher. (i dont think thats a good thing) but the people who like a more neutral sound (not the Rock eq) think that the crossfires sound better.

just my $0.02

what are some more of your opinions?

i dont see how the paradigms in that link can be any better than the ones that come with the promedia, It looks like the Exact same design and driver size... similar power output aswell. I could understand if they had a 4.5" or something but it looks like the exact same thing...

Swerv, LOL you got to be kidding me. Those speakers out perform the Klipsch's Quintet's and they cost alot less than them as well.

So there is no way the Pro media's can even stand beside the PARADIGM cinema series.

Here read the review from Sound and Vision, http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/SoundAndVision/FrameSet/TestReports/Paradig m1227/paradigmp01.html Sound and Vision said "I was amazed how acurate and detailedvery naturallots of punch and definitionsoundstage was wide and deepsounded better than a similar sub/sat system that cost twice as much

Paradigm always makes speakers that sound like they are worth twice as much for what you paid for. Nothing has been able to compete with Paradigms in there price range, Not only do i say this, so does SOUND and VISION, and many others. Comparing klipsch speakers to Paradigms are a no, no

PS. I love kilpsh speakers too, they are an acquired taste, there speakers tend to color, or brighten the sound. Klipsch speakers serve a certain niche in the audiophile world. I admire Klipsch, they care very much for there costumers just like paradigm does, this is something that you don't see to often.

i could care less about sound and vision, for the only way to buy a speaker is to audition it first.

quote:

Paradigm always makes speakers that sound like they are worth twice as much for what you paid for.

Same with anything that klipsch has made so far. and yes the horn loaded tweeter is an aquired taste, but ive had many friends who did not likeit at first and it grew on them after a while andd they could not stand anything else.

klipsch promedias are designed to give people the best bag for your buck, even compete with systems that cost twice as much also, so i dont see your point.

so far they are the best computer speakers to come out in my opinion, far better than Altecs/cambridges/bostons flagship models better than the 340 watt rms monsoons, better than the highly acclaimed "videologic sirrico crossfires" they were overhyped for sure.

also i never said that the promedias were meant to compete with your cinema paradigms, all i said was that they look very similar, same driver size. etc..

please give some more comparisons, price / pros / cons. etc..

quote:

i dont see how the paradigms in that link can be any better than the ones that come with the promedia, It looks like the Exact same design and driver size... similar power output aswell. I could understand if they had a 4.5" or something but it looks like the exact same thing...

I hope this explains why i posted that last thread.

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paradigm always makes speakers that sound like they are worth twice as much for what you paid for.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same with anything that klipsch has made so far.

By the way, don't give me this, same thing for the kilpsch's, they are nothing like the Paradigms, and never will be. Sound and Vision knows what they are talking about, besides they are not the only respected audophile reviewers that agree PARADIGM IS THE BEST, many others do as well.

I have said many times before that the PRO's are kick *** multimedia speakers, but when you asserted that the paradigms were no different than the pro's i had to say something.

Though i must agree with you that speakers all come down to personal preference,but no pro's media's will ever, regardless of what you prefer, sound better than the Paradigm Cinema series, not possible. Even the Quintet's as good as they sound, Paradigm beats it's pants off and cost's alot less, If you don't believe go listen to both of them, and you will see, they are just beautiful, I just wonder some times how does Paradigm make there speakers sound so good at such a low price?

quote:

I just wonder some times how does Paradigm make there speakers sound so good at such a low price?

From what I understand, the key to making their speakers so affordable is the fact that they have one of the, if not the largest r&d facility up in Canada. This facility is shared with PSB (another great speaker manufacturer), so that probably cuts their r&d costs in half. I also believe they don't jack up their prices like other manufacturers who do so because of their exclusive name. In any case, I've done listening tests on their reference studio series, and have settled on the 100's as the speakers to buy when I settle down.

-snap-