Hardly LOUD and Clear!

I purchased a set of V.2-400's at the end of January and I am NOT impressed. I switch from a BOSE Acoustamass system, that was a bad idea. The volume controls are scratchy and the crossovers aren't filtering the bass. They are very flat compared to the BOSE system. I can only listen to them at 40% of of max..... not impressive. The only thing that is a plus is the bass response of the sub. I have sent E-mails to Tech support and called tech support with no response (had to leave message). I was told that I got screwed because the 4.1's are far superior in quality. I expect better quality from a company like KLIPSCH. I hope customer service or Tech support contacts me soon. I have been patient for over a month.

-Gerrad

although bose DO suck (believe me they do), you are still comparing a $1100 HT system to a $250 multimedia system. technically, you should be impressed that they sound nearly as good (or better!) then the your old speakers, considering price difference. as for the only being able to listen at 40% volume, try turning your source down more and the speakers up more. they should sound better. you probably have a powerful source to overdrive the klipschs at 40%. and as a last note, the 4.1s are not FAR superior. they have the newer preamp (which you can upgrade to) which fixes the scratchiness, and the only other difference is improved crossovers which make the mid-range a little better. i have also heard that the 4.1's limiter is set lower, so with a v.2400 and a cp-1 you might have better sound then a 4.1, depending on your tastes.

The BOSE system I have is from 1995 and is there multimedia system that sold for $700. I upgraded the highs with the directional cubes last summer. It puts out screaming high's with no distortion and at the expense of bass. The BOSE probably aren't worth the money, but I wouldn't say they suck. The Klipsch system puts out booming bass at the expense of the high's. For $250 dollars the Klipsch are a good price, but Klipsch has a reputation of producing very high quality product at a reasonable price.( compared to Sunfire, Velodine, BOSE etc..) If the CP-1 will fix the problem with the crossover GREAT, put how will it fix the scratchy knob?

Thanks for the input

-Gerrad