KLIPSCH (?) FORUM - ?

matthewschultz

I have stumbled upon these forum. Great place, where we can talk about our Klipsch products and learn more about Klipsch products.

I really need to ask -- is this a KLIPSCH FORUM?

Anyone with halfway decent eyes will see that this is an SVS FORUM.

Look at just this main page: 5 new start posts alone by bruinsrme about SVS! Driving up talk about all of SVS products. 5 new start posts alone by easylistener about SVS! fabulousfrankie has a couple new start posts and several responses to other SVS threads, moon has a couple new start, and there are some I might be missing. Some people are even talking about other like TheEAR as salesman for SVS. I know all of these people are going to react very defensively. This is just what I see.

Is it too much to ask these people to start their own forum to talk about SVS? We all know how much you guys love them, but taking over this forum is not very nice. Most of the time here it looks like driving some form of hype, or pushing people. I go through here, and I am almost led to believe that nothing else good exists out there! We should know that is bullcrap.

Why can't we concentrate on technical support for Klipsch subwoofers here? Why can't we talk about different Klipsch subwoofers we would like to see in the future, instead of turning this place into a one-branded love-fest?

Can I get a what, what?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

matthew...

i think what you have is a group of klipsch owners...(read main speakers)...who have found a great subwoofer for their uses...

if you do more than a little reading on this forum you will find that the svs owners who post in this area also post a great deal of information in all of the other areas on this forum....mainly concerned with their klipsch speakers...

personally, i own a velodyne ct-150 subwoofer which is awesome in my home theatre made up of klipsch speakers..(KLF-30's. KLF-C7, and RC-3's)...

read some more...there are alot of very informative comments concerning the klipsch subs....as well as alot of information concerning ALL brands of subs...

myself..i respect the fact that klipsch subs are always being compared and evaluated against everything else out there...

russ

minn_male--some of these fellas have like a thousand posts, yeah! Some of them do contribute to other areas of this forum. It just has taken me aback here, because I don't see it in other Klipsch sections. It would be like people going to the Klipsch main speakers forum and talking all the time about how great B&W speakers is, and then going to other parts of the Klipsch forums and talking about Klipsch. I think things have reached the level here where these guys who talk about SVS so much should create their own forum. That is my feelings on the subject.

Just so you know,I really like my rsw 15 and chose it over other brands.I must admit when somebody ask about a sub they get the svs pitch.The reason is they are very good at their price points.I personally do not think the models I heard were the "end all" in my search for a powerful musical subs.One final point is svs customer service is a model ALL should look to as the way to do biz.Your point well taken.

Matthew, you are looking at one of the best aspects of this forum.

One thing that sets the klipsch forum apart is that we are free to discuss ANY gear that may complement our klipsch. In this particular case, the SVS offer such a good value and perform very well with klipsch, so they naturally get lots of mention here. Those who talk up the SVS on this forum are klipsch owners, so no foul here.

This says a lot about klipsch and their speakers, because we can be so free to discuss other brands without fear of censorship. Klipsch need not censor such opinion, because klipsch has nothing to fear - klipsch speakers can withstand the competition on their own, without any additional moderation by those in charge here.

This allows us to tell the "truth" as we see it - and get better solutions to our audio puzzles. It's one reason this is such a special place. We learn much by having such freedom.

If you have questions about klipsch subs, ask away!

Hi mathew! Everyone had there own opion. If you take the time to read alot of these reviews you will see that we just don't recomand svs. I am sure that Klipsch R@D is reading all of these and are working on some great subs, because they have some realy good subs know. We all have Klipsch speakers and love them. I personaly will not buy any other main speakers. I just found for my ht system the svs matches my style a little better. This place is great because you can ask all kinds of questions from Denon to HK, and we all will give our input on them based on personal experence. So Ask Away Man, and what does your system contain.

matthew,

Welcome to the forums.

In the past year Ihave owned the following speakers;

2 rf3ll

2 rs3

1 rc3

1 RSW10

2 rf7

4 rs7

1 rc7

Yes that is all in the past 12 months. Having over 400 posts I have discussed XBOX, Klipsch speakers, SVS subs, Pioneer elite components, speaker cable, remotes, speaker stands, TVs, Klipsch distrobution plans, warranties, computers, windows XP, some forums goers decisions on whether to work of go to school, and so on.

The areas where I post are basic dictated on my interests. My main focus is in the General questions, Powered Subs and Home theater, and some in technical questions. I have little interest 2- channel audio, Odds and Mods, and Architectural. Just what I find interesting I guess.

I have also looked at post that included tuning a chevy 350 engine.

Many aspects of life seem to be discussed here. SVS is a heavily talked about subject and where I first heard of the sub woofer. I was not overly happy with my RSW 10, mainly due to the make up of my HT so I was looking for alternatives. Noticing a larger number of forum goers had SVS I decided to give it a whirl. At the same time 5 other Klipsch forumers also purchased SVSs.

There is a great deal of learning and sharing that goes on in this and other forums as well, with members ranging in various levels of knowledge.

Thank you for pointing out that this forum is so rich in diversity. Some think it is stale and blah, technical term for boring. Jump on in and enjoy the water and have some fun.

I also participate in the SVS forums over at www.hometheaterspot.com and www.avsforum.com

Looking forward to having you share more of you ideas and observations.

Again Welcome to the forum.

Scott Carroll2.gif

Wolfgang Amadeus Schultz,

I am NOT a SVS salesman,if you take a bit of time and do a research on this world famous Klipsch forum you will notice I had a few arguments with TV the V in SVS.

I became a SVS fan when I auditioned,tested and tortured two SVS Ultras at home,and compared them to my Velodyne,Sunfire,Revel and Aerial(the KSW Klipsch do not count).

I am and owner of MANY Klipsch speakers and subs,I own RF7's,RF5's,RB5's,RC7,the RSW10 and 15.Had the KSW12 and 15 and a few Synergu speakers now sold.

I also own the end all speakers,made by Dynaudio. 16.gif A good few

SVS Ultra is not the best sub for all people.The Aerial SW12 sounds better,the HGS18 is cleaner and the B15 and RSW15 have more punch.The SVS is the best value for the dollar,it does almost as well as the ebst subs and covers all the important points a good sub should.

SO Mr Schultz I am no SVS salesman.But you can say I am an Sunfire sales rep. LOL As I own a few Sunfire subwoofers too.

LOL

One more thing to consider....

When I was emailing and talking to Tom V before I bought my SVSs, he told me that he developed them to use with his own Heritage Klipsh (I believe it was Khorns) since he could not find a sub to match there performance.

SVS and Klipsch is a great match. Period.

JM

What is wrong about talking about them? Geeze, I have two Klipsch subs. RSW-12 and RSW-15... As a matter of fact, every speaker I own is klipsch with the exception of my car stereo.

Let me correct myself. Every speaker I have purchased is Klipsch. Now my wife being the unknowing that she is, bought a Sanyo system some 12 years ago. Those Sanyos are going to find a new home once my Belles get here. The attic. 9.gif

RF7s

RC7s

RS7s

RSW-12

RSW-15

Pro Media 4.1

And saving the best for last... Belles. Just bought those yesterday off ebay9.gif

So.. to you I say, Klipsch has made a nice bit of money off me. I think I should be aloud to talk about a different sub. I have earned it.2.gif

Matthew,

Also - at least these folks are talking about hifi(bad choice of words), instead of political comments..... so it applies-even if it isn't a Klipsch product...we can learn about neat /different products that some of us aren't knowledge about...for example just this month I have discovered Harman Kardon receivers- and I am looking into the Heritiage line of speakers....src='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

I TOTALLY AGREE...why doesn't SVS start their own forum??!! This is a "KLIPSCH" website 11.gif

I have nothing against SVS, read and heard many great things...FINE....THIS IS KLIPSCH, hellooo...

and yes alot of you own SVS...kudos....

Should be a discussion about the "non" existant Heritage Subwoofer we all dream about 3.gif

SVS should start their "own" forum on "their" website, I'm sure they can afford it.........

TomV owns Legends(sorry, change, forgot his email to me)by the way..not Heritage...

My thoughts.....

Matthew,

Like many members of this forum, I own Klipsch speakers. Unlike many members, I purchased an RSW-15 for my subwoofer and am quite pleased. I chose a Klipsch sub for purely cosmetic reasons, not because it is the best sub.

Many Klipsch enthusiasts want the very best sound for their dollar and believe that SVS gives them the most sub for the lowest cost, if you do not mind a giant toilet roll in your HT room. I am not put off in the slightest way that SVS, Velodyne, Hsu, Sunfire and other subs are discussed at the Klipsch forum. I particularly enjoy theEAR's discussions, even if he does pop off at times. I will never own many of the subs that theEAR talks about, but I enjoy knowing what the alternatives are.

Bill

GEEZ,you missed my reply's or posts from 2001\02?!

Have you ever seen Marantz, Denon, Onkyo, McIntosh, or ANY other gear take up space on a subject as such........

take it to an SVS forum....it requires it's own group, and NOT at Klipsch's "expense"....GET IT...2.gif

I thought that the purpose of this forum was to get the most from our Klipsch products, even if it means using non-Klipsch speakers as part of the system. We also discuss hybrid speakers, for example Klipsch drivers and boxes with custom crossovers.

Bill