omg this is awesome!

InnovaZero

Well to add to my theater consiting of 2x Pioneer CS-700 (Floor Standing), 2x Acoustic Research LS-30s (Floor Standing), and 2x JBL Northridge N2411 surrounds. My dad brought home a sweet present the other night. He told me to open it, the box was pretty heavy, yet somewhat small. I go what is it, hes go's you'll see and to my surprise it was a Brand spankin new SunFire Sig. subwoofer, I was almost in tears. I was like omfg!!! how did you have the money to get this, said he just got a huge bonus and spend some of it on that. I went goo-goo. So we hurried up and hooked the thing up to our Denon AVR-603 Receiver. That's when it all changed. This sub is mean!!! The thing skakes the living room (and this is a pretty big living room, after all it's a $300,000 House...so it better lol) like nuts all the way down to 20hz. I was in Home Theater awe!! I was so happy, I couldn't believe it.

Ok im done, just thought i'd share that.

PS: Now all we need is a second one like my uncle has, but im not complain...I love this sub!!.

By the way, we ran some sign wave tests using an SPL meter from 3m away which is our sitting position from TV and speakers. We found Peak output to be 119.8db at 31hz and at 25hz was still belting out an impressive 111.4db, 20 hz it was around 105db. After 16-18hz we found some decently sharp roll offs volume wise. I love this thing!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HGS18 is LOUD(if you push it),at the 31.5Hz mark it can belt just a hair over 120dB!Think about it 120 plus dB!

The most powerful cubes are the Revel B15 and Earthquake 15 inch bruiser,these pound around 125dB at 31.5Hz,serious eardrum whiplash.

Me I use the triple threat team(HGS18,B15 and SW12)in my larger HT and a five way whiplash deluxe in my small Klipsch HT(Sunfire Sig.,Mark II,Super Junior,RSW10 and 15).LOL

Its vicious and lethal,the way its should be.

Still I need more,more subs.A few SVS need to reside in there too.Right now I am thinking of ordering the B2,B4-Plus and dual Ultras or SS.The SS and B4-Plus would join the triple woofer monsters and the modest B2 would join the Sunfires and Klipsch RSW's.9.gif

And of course a VTF3 would back up my dual Carver Knight Shadow subs with my main PC.

This summer it should get interesting and shaky