Flash: Klipsch stikes deal with Tweeter

Quenten

Man, I just finished reading those 4 pages of posts on the subject...WOW. So I went to my local Sound Advice to see what kind of specials were afoot.

Come to find out, there are really no specials at all & that they have struck a deal to continue selling Klipsch...but only in Florida & one other state (forget which one--I live in Tallahassee & SA is the only storefront so I'm covered).

I feel like the SA here in Tallahassee has represented Klipsch very well & I am thrilled that they have worked out this problem. I'm don't exactly have piles of cash laying around--buying those RF 7's right now is not a priority, exactly, if you ask my wife--nuf said huh!

But, back to the issue here: those 4 pages. I never really figured out what the problem was with Tweeter. Did I miss it somewhere in the volumes of text? Was the posting on "grey markets" a hint? Is it possible that Tweeter can also work out a solution to continue its relationship with Klipsch?

Inquiring minds want to know.

"I feel like the SA here in Tallahassee has represented Klipsch very well & I am thrilled that they have worked out this problem."

I agree wholeheartedly that SA has done a great job of representing Klipsch here in Palm Beach County also, and it was a shame to hear that they had lost the rights to the line because of misbehavior of their parent company. Tweeter just bought out SA something like a year ago. Since then, it appeared that SA was trying to push B&W on their potential Klipsch customers. Fortunately for me, I was able to make a good deal on some RF7's and an RC7 with my local SA last week while their situation was still in limbo. I don't think they would be quite as flexible today.

Now it's time to replace my slightly out of date Denon 3801. I'm thinking of going to Rotel Separates in lieu of an upgraded receiver. Comments anyone?

Jerry Rappaport

I don't know, I took advantage of the local Tweeter's large discount this weekend and they had the RF series displayed right bang in the middle of the sound test room so that the huge towers were the first thing you saw. Talking about it with the sales-man he was really sad to see the things go. Concurrently when I purchased my rf-3's this guy with his girlfriend just stared at the massive boxes with jaw agape, at which point he slinked away from his girlfriend, I can only imagine to get a listen for himself.

I was just in the Tweeter here last Thursday. They are miffed about losing Klipsch. The Klipsch really did well in this area, especially considering that there was really no other place to get them. I really do wish that Klipsch could have at least kept the Reference in Tweeter.

Me and my fellow Klipschters down here in So. Florida only go to sound advice just to see what kind of Klipsch deals they have at the time or to audition new products. I got all my Klipsch from Sound Advice, and am looking to uprgrade to an RF7 set-up, w/o Sound Advice this feat would have been a far bigger challenge, because I'd rather not ship those babies.

The best deal so far has been a pair of RF-5's for 40% off to the dime.

There was rumor of a pair of RF-7s going for 40% off but no confirmed buyers.

I'd still bet the deals will cap at 35-40% off MSRP. Anything better might come in the "dog days" on floor models when all "new in a box" items are sold out.

Good luck but don't wait to long!

Regards,

Mike