RC7 mounting height

colterphoto1

My system is evolving into a monster! I've got Cornwalls for my main fronts, and love my new RC7 which is extraordinary. Currently the RC7 is in a cabinet under my 27" set which will be replaced by a 35" direct view screen. I think for viewing height the TV will be on a stand about 22" high, with the RC7 ON TOP of it. This will place the RC7 considerably higher that the Cornwalls (or their possible replacements, RF7) .

Question is this... Will a height differential across the front three speakers cause problems with this very critical portion of the sound stage? I also occasionally use a 100" pull-down screen and a Canon projector. Should I keep my RC7's near the floor, aimed up at the prime listening position, so they are not 'behind' the screen when it is pulled down? In this position, they would be only 1' off the floor, like they are now.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael - You can overcome the height difference by angling the RC-7 towards the listening area, so you would be looking down the throat of the horn. If you will be using the RC-7 when you have the big screen in front of it, I'd put it on the floor and angle it up, or get a perforated screen to allow the sound to pass through.

Doug