Banning members

Curmudgeon

They still have the same number of soldiers too.I will say I don't mean any disrepect to Canada's soldiers,THEY are definately the few,but should be proud.I also understand there are some brave Canadians,some,too bad they don't run the show instead of the guttless bunch in charge.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I also understand there are some brave Canadians,some,too bad they don't run the show instead of the guttless bunch in charge."

Sardine,then we must be invaded by a force bent on world domination and a muppet government must replace the current leadership.It will be called operation Canadian Freedom,you will take Canadian natural resources from us and we will bow down and thank you for the daily kick in the butt.

Then as a show of good will you will bomb any water treatment facility and all electrical lines.When we start to starve and die then you will show ONE TRUCK full of burger$ and c0ke being assaulted by starving Canadians.

This will be shown on SeeNN and repeated at least twenty times/day for all who cant think to see.

LOL

Way to go sardine,your vision of a free world has nothing to do with a free world.Its the NWO,and not the wrestling joke.

Each time you post sardine I learn so much.

OH AND BTW

From now on I will call Cybergeek by his real name...ForrestHump

HA HA HA

This dual personality is disturbing,and Cybergeek even claims to gets emails from FerretDump!He sends emails to himself! LOL Someone needs help,medical help.

1.gif

Yes Earwax,(notice you made it personal,tuna,sardine etc.)you do have much to learn.Also, did you get me LUCKY CHARMS? P.S. I'm not offended by your childish personal attack,I think its very humerous.

Sardine,

Yes it is very "humerous" Miss Sardine.You know all too well pencil necks like FerretGump and his shadow army who hides behind a sole keyboard dont do much good to the troops.The troops fight while the trailer park boy FG lets his fingers loose on his dollar store keyboard.

LOL

"humerous" it is

So when are we no good Canadians going to see your version of operation Canadian Freedom?Again let me remind you that Canadians do support freedom and a fully justified war.We do not support orders barked at us by feld marshal Rhum's Feeld.

LOL

----------------

On 3/31/2003 9:12:05 PM Fish wrote:

Also, did you get me LUCKY CHARMS?

----------------

27.gif Sorry Ear but that was funny.

Oh damn... 15 minutes later and I am still giggling over that one. Thanks for the good laugh Fish.

Really Ear... I am sorry but Fish's post really got me going... Who loves ya man. 47.gif

While I rush to the front-lines to defend anyones free speech and their political choices, I can barely countenance rude behavior. One is an intellectual activity important in participatory democracy; the other is a personal affront that unleashes emotions. This is a little like saying it is okay to argue for Nazism at the dinner table, but heaven forbid if you chew with your mouth open!

It seems awfully trite, but there are crucial differences in so fine a distinction. The distinctions extend beyond the school-yard and the audio forum. They extend to world events and geo-political spheres. If we can civilly sit down and politely drink tea with radical fundamental Islamic Arabs, we might possibly agree to disagree about our intellectual and religious differences. We can engage each other intellectually, rather than trade personal affronts. Yet, if we can not even discuss things peacefully, on a higher plane, then we resort to emotional, provocative responses. Of course, the offending party is asked to leave the table.

I fully agree with our webmaster. A persons political thoughts, however rude or offensive they may be, are far too important for any honest and open forum to ban them. There is no democracy without dissent. It is the duty of every citizen to speak their views. Yet, their polite, civilized behavior, however different that may be from culture to culture, is no less important. By that strange twist of logic, if a member cant refrain from posting art, which appeals to the prurient and animalistic interests; or cant contain their childish, school-yard insults, which only provokes and inflames individuals, they should expected to be sanctioned. If they ignore repeated warnings and suspensions, permanent banning should eventually result.

KAIN has gathered an armful of useful information here at this wonderful site as have I, as have many, many others. It is a shame that the crucial duty of any citizen and a thinking persons to question and learn from their political, religious, governmental and scientific leaders should be wasted by petty rudeness. It is a shame that his childish behavior bans him from adult discussions.

There is much to be learned from open forums: that SVS tubes compete favorably with RSW subwoofers, that big old horns love tubes and that the Arab world views our recent invasion as little more than a continuation of several thousand years of European imperialism. If KAIN, or any other BANISHED opposing or alternative view points have anything to say or add about stereos or other subjects, then it is our loss that they are gone. Yet, if KAIN and other alternative views can not elevate themselves to the level of intellectual discourse, if they can not drink tea without trading childish school-yard barbs, then it is THEIR LOSS for being kicked out of the forum.

All of which reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. Ancient Chinese curse -may you live in exciting times!

We do live in exciting times. The onslaught of globalization and technology presents new commercial, political, scientific and religious challenges. It is good to remember that those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it. We have been here before, we will be here again. BosniaSerbia, Vietnam and Korea; Somalia, Falklands and Grenada. Although seemingly unrelated, the challenge is the same for movie and music reproduction systems as it is for global geo-political problems. The challenge is how do we apply new technology, and lessons of the past, to problems for the present and the future.

The solution is to invite all parties, vendors and consumers, Arabs and Americans, to the table. If we can engage in civilized, polite discussions, over tea, we can eke out solutions.

2.gif

Colin,

I spent over an hour at home listing all my reasons for being patriotic, but still opposed to this present excursion into Iraq. All without insults or name calling. But I let it rest, intending to go back and edit and tweak more before posting. And as if you were reading my mind, you have explained quite well the whole reason for clear discourse.

My wife and I have spent hours trying to gather information from news sources all over the world. The information is vastly different than what we get in the U.S. alone. Each media outlet has its own intentions, so the truth probably lies somewhere in between.

See, wasn't that easy?

Thanks,

Marvel

ps Can I put on some Dixie Chicks now?

pps Just because my avatar shows me with long hair, it was over 25 years ago. I can only dream of that much hair now.

I may be ugly but I ain't stupid!

No offense taken. If that were the case, I guess it should have been Marveline. I dug out this old photo I had (from around 1972), and replaced my pic on our id page at work. Most people never look at it, but it got a few comments. Maybe I better change this one out now. Don't know why I ever liked having my hair long either. It is too much work.

There used to be a country artist named Faron Young. While working in tv news in Memphis a few years back, we did an interview with him. He had started wearing his hair long and had an earring, until during a show some guy started winking at him a whole lot. He changed his mind.

Marvel

----------------

On 4/1/2003 7:07:20 PM Marvel wrote:

Don't know why I ever liked having my hair long either. It is too much work.

----------------

To much work, tell me about it! My hair is about that long right now (and pretty darn curly). Pain in the @$$ to comb it out in the morning. Guess the cool thing is that all the chicks seems to like it. I get more comments from women about my hair. If I had a $1 for every time somebody asked if it was "natural" (yes, it is), I'd have enough money to buy a new pair of K-horns!

You can kinda tell in this picture. That is me in the blue Columbia jacket with the yellow stripe in the rear. That picture is a couple months old and I had not gotten my hair cut since, so it has grown a little bit more.

thegang_lores.JPG