KLF 20's - back panel came loose

bigal

I fixed my loose front panel on one of my KLF20s using Trey's instructions here.I also noticed that the thin piece of veneer that is at the bottom front was loose so I replaced it while I was at it. I had some glue backed oak veneer tape that I cut and ironed on where the other piece had lifted. Used some minwax ebony stain mixed with semigloss poly to colo. Here are my pics.

post-49163-13819637029816_thumb.jpg

All glued up and final stain complete. Speakers back in. It has a paint mark on the side of the cabinet I am going to buff off next. If it doesn't go I can use stain on that part too. I had to wait for my other part to dry to make sure that it matched first.

Thanks for this thread.

Randy

post-49163-1381963703862_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Pl premium is a much better suited adhesive for this type of project than liquid nails. I didn't even have to remove the old adhesive, works like a charm. Just my two cents. :)

That is actually the product I used...I have tended to call construction adhesives that come in a caulking tube "Liquid Nail." I knew there were differences between adhesive for styrofoam and wood, but I figured that pl premium was just another company's version of liquid nail.

Randy

Pl premium is a much better suited adhesive for this type of project than liquid nails. I didn't even have to remove the old adhesive, works like a charm. Just my two cents. :)

That is actually the product I used...I have tended to call construction adhesives that come in a caulking tube "Liquid Nail." I knew there were differences between adhesive for styrofoam and wood, but I figured that pl premium was just another company's version of liquid nail.

Randy