Heresy prices?

PocketRocket

Having finally saved up a little coin I'm looking to buy a pair of Heresy speakers. The mfg suggested retail scares me a little. Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay cash on the barrel? I live about 200 miles from the nearest Klipsch dealer and want to have my ducks in a row before I make the trip. Any help is appreciated.

Small town huh? That only eliminates Omaha and Lincoln. Anyway, I'm assuming you'll be going to Stereo West in Omaha for your purchase. Have you heard the Heresey's before? They don't have any on hand so you won't get listening test. I'm not saying you won't like the sound, just pointing out that they are vastly different sounding than most on the market. I doubt you'll be able to get much of a deal on them at all, and you'll have to wait a few weeks for your speakers. In no way am I discouraging you from getting the Heresey 2's, just think you should get a listen in if you haven't already. GOOD LUCK....

Thanks for the reply! Yep, life's tough out here in the sticks ;^) A friend of mine has a pair of Heresy 2's and so far they are the only speaker I have listened to that out perform my Cerwin-Vega's. If I'm gonna have to wait for them anyway would I be better off in your opinion to do my shopping on the net?

Go Big Red!

Pocket,

You can definitely get a better deal on Ebay than at the stereo shop. You'll probably get your speakers sooner as well. As far as listening first goes, I really recommend it. See if your buddy will load his speaks up for you to take along while auditioning. then you can A-B all the others you listen to with the Heresy II's. I have a set of Heresy I's, and they do lack low bass and can be a bit bright. I still love them though. You may also want to look into Forte II's (no longer available, must buy used), or for about the same money as a new set of H2's you could probably find a set of KLF20-KLF30 that are a little more efficient and go a bit deeper. Just my .02.

Speed

PocketRocket......If your willing to buy used then you'll have all kinds of options. You could pick up some Hereseys, Fortes, Chorus, etc. You can get a lot more speaker for the buck if you go this route. I would highly suggest you go ahead a make the trip and just listen to everything they have there. The RF-3's, legend series, whatever and then make up your mind whether you still like the sound of the Heresey 2's, better. If you do you can order them right there. I still have this thing about ordering something like speakers over the net. I just wouldn't do it. I like to feel confident that if something happened I know exactely where to take the speakers, who to talk to, and my warranty is totally valid. The way some equipment is made today the more crucial this becomes....GOOD LUCK

• 3 weeks later...

Be fore warned you can get burned on ebay as well, I know people that have. Do you want "used" and trust all is ok or "new" with warranty and knowing it's ok for the few extra bucks?

The Hersey II is a great speaker, better than Vegas by far. You may also want to think whether or not you want the riser on them as well, depending on what their use is.

I had a pair of Hersey II's with riser, but unfortunately I had to give them to her in the divorce split, she said my Khorns were to BIG....HA!!! Fair trade off I think!

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your Heresys

We have a pair of the Origional Heresys in the living room. So i'm guessing you are more than pleased.

They are some good speakers.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel