LOOK AT THIS WOLF SPIDER!!!

kenratboy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A number of years ago when a squirrel found it's way down the chimney of my great aunt and uncles house my great uncle was all for going after it with his shotgun.

Fortunately(for the squirrel) his wife convinced him that shooting a squirrel with a 12 gauge while inside the house wass not a good thing.

Man would that have been a mess.

Peace, Josh

jhawk92, I lived in blue-collar East Hartford for over 8 years (home to Pratt & Whitney)...heard it's really gone downhill since we moved to FL in '81. Right now, my parents moved back in '99 to Vernon-Rockville, out in the country up on a hilltop! Beautiful!

And no damn bugs!9.gif

I grew up in South Texas (Laredo) my father has a 7000 acre ranch there in Webb County and I have seen just about every nasty insect there is. The scariest thing is when it does manage to rain it floods the trap door tarantula's homes and they have to bail out. So picture thousands of tarantula's roaming around on the ground during a rainfall and shortly thereafter if you think a single spider is scary. They also have those bid tarantula killing bees down there with the reddish/orange wings that are pretty nasty. The insect that scares me the most is the praying mantis, I saw one about 6 inches long one time and it ran across the ground at lighting speed passing over my foot and scared the crap out of me. I even saw one munching on a cicada one time, I could hear it across the yard! I hate them things. It is way too cold here in Vermont for anything like that to survive but we do have the evilest of all tiny insects the nasty black fly that will leave whelks on your body after it feasts on your blood. They can crawl through screen holes.

Finally checking out this thread. While reading, I kept thinking about that post here over a year ago, with a link to an image of a room, and as you watched and waited...finally a weird image (what was it? A ghost face or something?) and a loud noise flashed on the screen. REAL startling. So, reading this thread, I was thinking if something similar occurred here, we might get some actual heart attacks!

fini

we have these spiders all over the place in El Salvador, the good thing is they don't like be be around a lot of movement so they show up in un-used areas of the house...they can get pretty damn big, a little bigger than your hand...I have problems with scorpions as well...part of hte fun of living down here...thanks for the photos I did not know these spiders lived anywhere other than central america. regards, tony

----------------

On 4/7/2003 10:57:54 AM Frzninvt wrote:

The insect that scares me the most is the praying mantis, I saw one about 6 inches long one time and it ran across the ground at lighting speed passing over my foot and scared the crap out of me. I even saw one munching on a cicada one time, I could hear it across the yard! I hate them things.

----------------

We have praying mantises around here. At least they are harmless and they do eat the other more nasty bugs. It was funny when I was hiking at the river just this past summer and I found a large praying mantis on the ground in the middle of the foot trail. What do I do - I picked it up (he did not seem to like it). I just thought it was so cool. Some other dude came down the trail and I showed it to him. He was like - "Dude! That is so cool - can I hold it?". So here we are, playing with this stupid praying mantis beside the river. I went to show it to somebody else down there and they freaked! It was funny as hell. I finally let it go by putting it in a nearby bush so it would not get stepped on - hey, they eat the bugs that I do hate - such as misquitos, ticks, and the like.