CP1 won't fit into the old V.400 Sat...Help!!!

Hello, I just got myself a spanking new CP1 from my sister in CA. Now I have a problem, Is the CP1 suppose to fit nicely into 'Any Sat'?? it seem that my old V.400 Sat doesn't fit with the CP1 at all!! it looks bigger than my old control pod. How do you suppose to make it fit into my old Sat?? Right now I have it taped onto my desk(CP1)..Help!!! Oh my the way, that damn hissing noise and cracking sound is now gone!!!!

------------------

You can run but you can't hide

Hi Amy! Okay when you said "it does fit" you mean right out of the box? I don't need to trim off anything? Just wondering, they don't come in diffrent size or shape for the CP-1 right? you know my old one is smaller and I have no problem removing them. Anyway, I am at work right now, but I will try it again once I get home. Like you said I don't need to trim off anything right??

Thanks for your help Amy and everybody eles too!!. Can't wait for the 5.1 version!!!

------------------

You can run but you can't hide

I swear, the new CP1 square thingy at the center of the pod IS better where you suppose to slide it in at the base of the bottom of the speaker IS bigger!! Amy..help, do they come in just one size?? I can't seem slide it in the base of my old speaker! I measured the old control pod square thingy and it is smaller than the new one!. What should I do?? any sugguestion?? oh by the way, I have no problem removing the metal bracket, just unscrewed and that is it!

• Moderators

It will measure bigger because it is dove-tailed...it should narrow at an angle toward the inside.

I don't know what else to do to help, unless you want to send me the speaker and pod, and I'll try to attach it for you.

Let me know!!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Well guess what, my old control pod mounting piece IS abit smaller than the new CP1, so, before I start trimming the edges off to make it fit, because when I tried my old control pod, it's slide in and out nicely, but not with the new CP1. Amy, do you know anybody have this problem before or am I just the first one. Thank you for your help Amy and everyone in this forum too!!!

• Moderators

Only you and xbulgoogyx have had this problem as far as I know, and we sell a lot of CP-1s! Strange...

Well, you're welcome to try an exchange for a different one, if you like. It's up to you.

Thanks!

Amy

Just got my CP-1 and installed.

It WAS a bad to get it in the groove. As it was said previously, it is slightly bigger than the old CP slot.

I had pushed it in... and was about ready to complain when I couldn't get enough space to get the screw back in. A couple more tries and it popped further in.

hey i had the same problem too guys. i even measured and compared the two control pods, and the cp-1 IS bigger. i managed to get it in though, took about an hour of extremely hard pushing. just put all your weight into it and brace the speaker against something soft so it doesn't break, and it'll go in fine. i guess they made it tighter so it wouldn't vibrate...

• 1 month later...

I just got my CP-1 today. I can testify to the problems with installation. After trying to force it with the "body weight and pillow method" I managed to gash my palm open. Not fun. So busted out a nice sharp Spyderco and shaved a tiny amount (less than a millimeter) from each side of the dovetail keeping the blade perpendicular to the dovetail. It slipped right on first try after that.

Overall, I would say the CP-1 is definitely worth the 50 bucks for those having preamp problems with the original. I have gone through 2 original preamps already after they both developed annoying static. The knobs on the CP-1 feel much more solid, no static at all. The headphone jack is very nice too, works very nicely with my Sennheisers.

-v13