jeez-o-pete Justin, they're quoting you over at AT Hot Deals!

Tom Mobley

There's a thread going over at AnandTech Hot Deals forum, mentions our very own Justin by name. Something about a a buch of "audio junkies over at the Klipsch forum" How did they find out? :D

See this M-audio rebate offer thread for people thanking Justin for his input.

I don't know if this is the same killer soundcard discussed here but it's cheap and now has a rebate.

Tom (watching while Justin's fame grows far and wide)

I picked this up Sunday when the sale was advertised. Haven't tried it yet, but reading the manual download from M-Audio web site indicates strong bass management with adjustable crossover for each set of speakers. I've asked them if there is SACD or DVD-A playback software somewhere that they know of, but they are still checking. That'd make a great SACD/DVD-A player!!

DD

Make sure you download the newer drivers for the card from the M-Audio site. They fixed some bass management problems over the CD that came with the card.

Justin,

I was looking at the Anandtech forum talking about this card, and some were having touble with the latency when recording. They may actually have to up the buffer size instead of lowering it. It doesn't make sens, but the same was true for the Audiophile 2496. My latency on my Audiophile is very low.

Didn't know if you had tied the line inputs, to see if they were off the wall or not. I don't know what the control panel is like for the Revolution so I can't help directly.

Marvel

Actually I made a serious enemies over there during the rise of AMD. That place went insane with Intel Vs AMD !! When my Son was still young 13 to 17 and also I had 2 Nephews his age we had 4 PC's setup here for gaming all overclocked for cost savings we would all go online and play Quake and UT in a same servers it was a literal ball and kept the youngster off the streets and out of trouble worked real well !! God we had some fun !!

Craig

Absolutely fascinating. I might point out that Ken Johnson's immediate impression of the Revolution was that it was better than his CD or DVD player, but not quite as good as the Card Deluxe. However, at 1/5 the price, I suspect it is more than a 1/5 as good!

Speaking of DVD-A. I've been researching this for my 4 channel project and have found out why it is not progressing. Little guys like me are kept out by the lock of Meridian on MLP, required to get really high res DVD-A. To meet spec, maximum throughput cannot exceed 9.3/mbyte/sec. Using bit depth X number of channels X times sample rate, I've found the most you can get is either 24/96 X 4, 24/88.2 X 4, or 16/88.2 X 4.1 channels without MLP. The cheapest MLP software I've found is 2500.00. That really BITES because MLP is no more sophisticated than shorten, zip, or whatever. Just they got a lock on it by being designated official spec by Dolby.

I want to issue my audiophile recordings in 24/176.4 X 4.1 channels (as well as lessor layers), so I am hoping to find someone who will encode for me cheap.

BTW, those folks in that forum are not exactly high end audio minded, are they? Good Justin is over there giving them an education.

Dave

Craig,

It's been so long since I owned a non-overclocked machine I can't remember when it was.

Best deal I ever got was the 300 CeleronA with on-die cache running at 500. Mine didn't even need a voltage boost to do that. Killer deal. Excellent machine, I just retired the mobo last week.

Tom

(Lastest victory: writing this from machine that has no Intel and no Microsoft in it or on it. It's an NVidia MOBO with RedHat 8 or Solaris9/Intel. I feel good eveytime I look at it.)