This one sold real high

NOSValves

If Scott was still in bussiness in the USA and still building this amp I bet it would go for three to six thousand dollors new. A new Mcintosh amp built today costs six to eleven thousand dollors and I bought a Mac 225 two years ago for seven hundred dollors and I think I got a pretty good deal. I still think that for poor people like most of us, that love great sounding music and don't have thousands and thousands to spend on it that vintage amps are the way to go. I imagine that vintage amps will keep going up in price as more people figure this all out. I bought a Scott 299B three years ago for a little over two hundred dollors and now that I got it upgraded and sounding nice I wouldn't let it go for a thousand.

Randy Taylor 9.gif

Hell, doesn't surprise me. Beat up ones are selling on eBay for over $250 without a case and full of dust. This is the nicest one I have seen on eBay in a while. I've seen the wooden cases sell for $140 alone. This baby is mint.

Plus the seller wasn't lazy and took the time to take good photos. Having sold a multitude of photo gear on eBay I can tell you good photos sell items. I routinely get $100 or more than the competition for like items because I clean my gear and take multiple super-sharp images. Pictures sell.

10.gif

I bought 3 cabinets a while back, 2 really nice walnut and a mahogany. $190. They really dress up the amps. Craig located the bias test points conveniently so that that can be accomplished by sliding out the shiny brass color screen. Works well. Thanks Craig.

Keith

Craig,

Have you seen the Eico HF-87 on Ebay as well. It looks very clean as well, although I would certainly start replacing the power supply caps (as well as everything else). It is at $281 so far, with 4 days to go.

Marvel

Folks, FWIW, I'm going to be selling my HF-81 (sigh) ...

I've got a BIG bill to foot for a pair of the Horus 2A3 SET monoblocks so I'm going to liquidate the best of the best that is left.

The -81 has been completely retubed (Mullard and Telefunken) and recapped (Auricaps and ELNA's).. Thanks, Craig ... There is NOTHING that needs to be done to the amp, including repainting (done) and polishing (done).

If you want a turn-key HF-81, this is for you ... $595, which is less than what I have into it. And does it sound great ... just a few inches from my Wright SET gear for 1/4 the price.

Email me if you have any interest. Price is firm. It's a deal, trust me.