How would you like the BB to be?

Jim Cornell

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could update the time of day. Also make the search function work somehow. I find it hard to believe nobody's ever typed the word Klipschorn around here!9.gif I do like the way a topic will jump back to the top when it is replied to. AA doesn't do that. That may be a good thing over there. Things seem to get out of hand easier there.

I would like to see the "Movies" section brought back up in where people actually see it so they can remember to check it out.

Secondly, I would like a built in chat application where we can chat realtime with eachother here on the forum. You know, like all those sex chat rooms, only this would be here and dedicated to audio/video. That would be very nice to have.

----------------

On 4/15/2003 3:18:24 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

----------------

On 4/15/2003 2:43:34 PM bclarke421 wrote:

They could update the time of day.

----------------

The time IS up to date. Indiana does not follow day light savings time.

----------------

If they've got enough daylight that they don't need to save any, I wish they'd send some our way. Winter was a full six months this year, and they are calling for snow/rain mix later this week. But seriously, why no DST? Am I just ignorant or isn't that more or less a standard in the US? Or am I REALLY obtuse, and you were kidding?

I agree with the chat feature, like it being on the top as chat, next to the forum, to get in!

Also in that way, we can just ask directly, questions, then wait for a reply, immediately!

We all have different online carriers, so a chat function here would do it!

Thats 1 great idea.

I like to talk, 2 channel, H/T, speaker replacing, crossover mods, also i like the advice, some BB members e-mail me before they buy on e-bay, also a good way to find out, if a fellow BB member is the high bidder!

Lets get more ideas here, the open chat is a killer idea so far!

Sorry earlier i was out getting a new job!

Regards Jim

9.gif

What changes would I like to see to the website?

1) Arrange messages in a stack - Last reply added to the top, not bottom.

2) Search function - does not work as well as it did a few years ago.

3) Increase default Font size - what is the default? 8? How about 10 or 12 or maybe user scalable?

1.) Upgrade the search facility.

2.) Chat Room ( great idea )

3.) Change the Rules of Use to specifically prohibit personal abuse, political rants and discussions of religious issues.

Re: # 3: I admit to having been guilty of the first two items and am not proud of it. I do not mean to imply that any and all comments that have a tinge of religious and/or political import should be banned. However posts that are primarily political/religious and are clearly designed to inflame passions and/or slur those who would disagree should earn the writer a warning and that a repetition of such behaviour should result in being "Sent to Coventry" for an extended time. Any subsequent violation should result in as permanent a banishment as can be accomplished given the current state of the technology.

4.) A "How-To" section that would permanently archive members Tricks and Tips in some sort of organised manner. This would be in addition to the 2-Channel forum and the Updating Older Speakers Forums which would remain in place for "Live" discussion of immediate issues.

This forum as I envisage it would be more of a Knowledge Base and members could post threads such as " How to Determine The Acoustic Characteristics of Your Listening Room and How To Improve It." Or even more General Subjects such as " Basics of Troubleshooting - A Short course on How To Zero-In on Where the problem Lies"

5.) A comprehensive listing of sources for really good liquor at really great prices.

1. I'd like to be able to click on an avatar and have it display at a larger size again (this was enabled on the new forum at first and then disabled).

2. I'd like to be able to turn on and off the signatures like it was on the old forum.

3. Upgraded search functionality. At least it works better now that it did when the new BB first came online but it does not work as well as it did at the old BB.

I agree with all the previous ideas!

Bring movie section up where it belongs! under odds and mods...........

Make the Gamer section a different color, so the 5.1 folks would recognise where to post there replies and questions....

btw there are 3 states including IN that don't change time...............guess we are stuck in the mud...........

It is a bummer going thru 29 replies, then reply yourself, but i think if the new replies were on top, then we would have to go thru it anyway to see the beginning topic!

Id also like to see a smoother function, Chris Robinson has 2 web sites going to his audio, when he replies, it jams me up!

No offense Chris, not your fault, also i might be the only one with this problem!

Cheap laptop LOL!

Regards Jim9.gif

FAQ Section for questions with definitive answers or links to resources websites..like...

How do I tell what my serial numbers/stickers mean?

How do I post a picture to the web site?

Why shouldn't I buy from the internet instead of an authorized dealers?

How to contact tech support, and the availability of replacemant parts?

What is the difference between Dolby/DTS/THX?

What is the difference between composite/S-video/Component?

Why is a bottleinfrontofme better than a frontallobotomy?

The list of non-unique questions is endless, people could just post links to information or other information WITHOUT extremely biased commetary.