ADS 910's

Toxicant

a/d/s "Analog and Digital Systems" made high quality products and excellent speakers. They have been recently bought out by DEI Electronics and previous to that were tied into Orion and PPI car audio companies. The problem is this a/d/s for all technical purposes does not exist anymore. So getting parts is difficult if not impossible, there are places and people that can repair/recone drivers, and cannibalized speaker parts can be found on eBay. I called DEI and they were no help at all. I don't remember what the 910's look like but I am certain they are a good speaker. I use two pair of a/d/s L300C Mini monitors as additional and effects rears in my home theater and love them. a/d/s speakers have always had smooth crystal clear highs and tight snappy bass response. The L300C's perform like a much larger speaker but are tiny. Do you need woofers or tweeters for them? I have some contacts for a/d/s parts and rework let me know what you need.

I am not familiar with the 910's, but I used to have a pair of ADS 620's that I was very fond of at the time. A buddy had recently purchased a pair of Heresy's (this occured about 1977 or 78) and we did a major A/B sound test on them. They were very comparable to the Heresy. As I recall the Heresy was considerably more efficient, but the sound was similar, although we both gave a slight edge to the Heresy. We were running them through a Luxman receiver of the same vintage. If you can find components for the necessary replacements, I'd say they are definitly keepers.