Cornwalls/Heritage line/ The Future

Well, looks like this has been a healthy debate that has run its course. Good points on both sides on my previous post "Would Klipsch ever do this?" Part of me is a purist. I have the Heresy's, Cornwalls, and K Horns at my house. They each are wonderful, and in different situations ROCK... I guess a part of me, after reading all of your posts, is, in fact, thinking about why so many of you make changes... etc etc. I am a purist. You do not put a Yugo engine in a Turbo Porsche. But you also might enhance a Porsche (as I have done), by changing the chips too, if it helps make it like you want too. (E.G., more horsepower, more fun to drive) So I guess I do understand both sides. Kinda, LOL

I trust Klipsch would take the engineering and time to make sure the Amps being used (if it is a self powered contained system) would be not only be adequate, but a fantastic fit for the applicable speaker(s)too. Other wise why bother and ruin the Klipsch name??

This company is going through changes... I do not know personally if those of us into the Heritage line... That love, dream, live, eat, and talk about our "babies," (Heck we even post PICS of our systems here...LOL) are out of touch with reality ... and quite possible the enviable too. (It just might be over for the Klipsch Heritage line up, as we know it.)

I, too, have gone to one of the largest Klipsch dealers (Ovation Audio, Indpls,IN) only to be told the Heritage line has been dropped. While I would rate Ovation as far as personnel an 8, (on a 1-10 scale...) They are far above many others that carry great home audio/HT stuff too. I know the high end Heritage line is no longer there... Martin Logan, Theil, and other "flavor of the moments" fill that area today. I know they sell a "boatload" ( Thats Indiana slang for lots n lots..LOL) of Klipsch speakers for home theater, outdoors, and now computer applications. And at great profits to both Ovation and Klipsch. They also say why stock the Heritage line anyway? After all, they are too big, and no one wanted them. (Where was I at the fire sale of Heritage floor sample models going at 50% off/Which is what I was told they had to do.) frown.gif

I still believe a great pair of Cornwalls in the original size... yes, who knows.. maybe better drivers, larger sized and or shaped horns,(a great idea from Mackie)... Just might be what this line needs. Priced at say 1500 each, 3k a pair? I really believe that they would sell. Many of you have E-mailed to me, and in other posts said sign me up if they do!

What's your thoughts before they cancel everything we all believe in? I look forward to your posts!

I think your right. People these days, in general, are not too enthusiastic about a big pair of speakers. I'm really not surprised the big old Klipsch speakers don't sell too well. In general, people always seem to be more into the latest craze and tend to think of a fine pair of K-horns or Cornwalls as dinosaurs from another era.

I have, on the other hand, brought more than several people into the Klipsch arena - now they are believers too. The few, the proud...

I personally love the big Klipsch - maybe I'm stuck in the past.

Long live the Heritage Klipsch.

Klipschguy

Wife made me stack my cornwalls, due to the little one!! My god, i have 6 feet per side here!!

Id bet i could be heard, through this whole trailor park!!

Im ganna have to move, or buy land someday!!

I hope this modular, can hold the weight, guess ill find out!!

Man, this is one rocking stereo, actually, i call it my own personality!

Regards Jim

Perhaps Klipsch can revive its high-end marketability by introducing speakers with high-quality horns at only the high and midrange frequencies and staying away from horn-loaded bass? Wouldn't that solve the size issue?

Can Klipsch make Avantgarde's at Khorn or lower prices?

The new reference speakers coming out soon seem to be a foray into contemporary trends in the high-end market, but they won't save the Heritage line.

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

I say "Nay" to the naysayers! Let's not jump to conclusions. If Bob G. says Heritage speakers (other than heresy IIs) are only going to be unavailable till their driver supply problems are sorted out, that's good enough for me. So let's just hang on to our collective hats until August or so, and see if this thing blows over. Personally, since I'm still trying to put together a multi-channel heritage system, I just can't conceive of klipsch killing off the klipschorn, belle klipsch and la scala. At least not as long as there is a horn loaded breath in PWK.

------------------

JDMcCall

quote:

Originally posted by Prana-Bindu:

Perhaps Klipsch can revive its high-end marketability by introducing speakers with high-quality horns at only the high and midrange frequencies and staying away from horn-loaded bass? Wouldn't that solve the size issue?

Can Klipsch make Avantgarde's at Khorn or lower prices?

The new reference speakers coming out soon seem to be a foray into contemporary trends in the high-end market, but they won't save the Heritage line.

I hope that never happens. PWK had it particularly right with the Khorns. I still have plans on owning a pair once the kids are a little older.

To reply to Prana-Bindu, I must point out that this is precisely what Klipsch does in most of its models. Horns for mids and highs with direct radiating low frequency sections. This reduces size and price. To make bass, a horn must be quite large, thus expensive. While Klipsch believes in fully horn loaded design, many people are not willing to live with the size of horn loaded speakers which offer deep bass. I cite our La Scala as the smallest fully horn loaded speaker which we feel offers acceptable bass. Even that model and it's Belle sister do not satisfy all with their bass performance.

As always, we remain bound by the laws of physics. Wish it weren't so, but such is life.