Cable Elevators

rowooo

roowoo,

I use them, or what passes for them. I bought them at Menards, plastic rebar spacers for $.11 apiece. Picked up a big double handful for under two bucks.

I put them every couple feet on the speaker wire, and on the AC power cords, to keep them all off the cement floor.

Does it make a sonic difference?

Not that I can tell.

But they look real neat, so I leave them there.

I installed little utility poles that I picked up from a model train shop. Effective, and damn cute. I like to wear an engineer's hat, and yell "All 'board!" everytime I cue-up a record (esp. Boxcar Willie). It's a fun hobby!

fini

I've heard grass gives undesireable results. OTOH, mesquite wood chips lend a lovely flavor and a certain air. In the end, I use a single "cold Girl" or an Italian red and low lighting to achieve the optimum results.

It's called falling in Line, right Maron. I'm just glad I could furnish the means for some humor. I feel like Kelly, only with limited Knowledge!9.gif For all of you that genuinely answered my question, a big thanks. To all you overly passionate, skeptical, audio intellectual smart asses, screw you. 9.gif Just Joking.......As most of you know, companies sell these things for big bucks, just simply wanted to know if anyone had attempted a cheaper alternative and with what results. I do feel privileged with all the responses though.........thanks

----------------

On 4/20/2003 6:55:13 PM fini wrote:

I installed little utility poles that I picked up from a model train shop. Effective, and damn cute. I like to wear an engineer's hat, and yell "All 'board!" everytime I cue-up a record (esp. Boxcar Willie). It's a fun hobby!

fini

----------------

I can't beleve you people would respond in such a way. I am disappointed in you all.

tc

PS: Fini, Screw the poles...could I borrow the hat?

Okay, you don't want to hear from people who think this is nonsense.

Let me say it is potental solution to a problem which does not exist.

Leok, is right on point and I agree with him. If, big IF, there is a problem to be solved by putting a dielectric between the wire and a conductor, then there usually is no problem. Wood, plaster, carpeting, is already a dielectric.

Further, in this Never-neverland of speculation, who is to say that the existing situation is not better than positioning wire farther from the carpet, plaster, wood, etc.

If we were dealing with r.f. frequencies, and if the transmission system was high impedance, then there might be some reason for concern. But with speaker type systems, there is no reason to worry for any technical reason.

The only time I feel compelled to object is when some fellow is being sold a bill of goods at some expense by a salesman. If you're experimenting with low cost tweeks, why not have fun convincing yourself that some tweek may have merit or not.

Gil

Gil