new RW LINE OF SUBS

klipguy

I think these subs are still a few months away,lets hope they gor rid of the port boom.Looking at the new port design they should have a winner with this new lineup.

The drivers also use the same material for the cone as the RSW series,a good change.Plus the subs looks are much improved.

I think Klipsch has a winner as well. With their corner porting idea, they can fit a longer port and let the sub go deeper. The continously variable phase is also a big plus in properly integrating a subwoofer. Doubling the amplifier like they said in the S&V ad can't hurt either.

These are suppossed to replace the current KSW subs aren't they? If so, they look a hell of a lot better as well.

I also don't know what the big stink is about the new speakers looks, I think they look better. The front baffle has a more cohesive and smooth look. The new magnetic grill is cool as well.

----------------

On 4/28/2003 8:38:11 PM prodj101 wrote:

the front baffle of the floorstanders looks cheap and plasticky too me. the subwoofers are down right ugly, I have that big plastic ridge.

----------------

It does look kind of plasticky but I actually think it looks better.

For the subs, I just assummed there sould be a grill to cover the front but then I went to the picture again and saw no provisions for a grill. Anyone know if there's going to be a grill to cover the woofer?