SNELL SPEAKERS

BEER GOD

My AUDIO magazine directories only go back to October 89 and the EIII's are listed, so yours are pre-89. Frequency response is 39-20 with this bass reflex design using an 8" woof and a 1 3/4" tweet. Efficiency is 91, crossover at 2.7k, and price was $990.00/pair. I never heard Snells, but they sound like keepers to me - Enjoy!

DABUMANN THANKS FOR THE INFO.AFTER A BETTER LOOK AT THE SPEAKERS I RELIZED THEY ARE BI-AMPABLE ALSO THERE IS A 3/4" TWETTER ON THE REAR AT THE TOP.ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON POSISITIONING THESE.MY FRIEND HAD THEM AGAINST THE WALL.TO REAR TWETTERS ACT THE SAME AS WOFFERS ON THE REAR OR TO YOU USE THEM DIFFERENTLY ANY INFO

You probably want to have them as far away from the rear wall as possible. Rear firing tweeters are similar to a bi-pole design. They are supposed to radiate the sound around the speaker and give you more of a "sweet spot". This should give you more open imaging. Try 1 - 2 feet from the rear wall, and adjust from there. Good luck.