Klipsch announces 14 NEW products at CES!

GeorgeC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phil, thanks. no width figures available? that's where i'm limited until I get that bigger house w/ a basement to fit my system.

my guess following the logic would be the cabinet is 1" wider than the woofer, so the rf-5 would be 9" & the rf-7 11". we'll see.

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

So I guess my question would be; Do I return my recently purchased KLF30's for a pair of RF7's due in May, or keep them? I have 30 days left to demo them and am not sure the $1400. is worth cost since my Polk SDA's sound darn good too. (BTW reason for aquiring them was for the full Klipsch experience. I have KG 5.5's for the rear and will purchase a C 7 for center.)

flason, sounds like a great set-up. i'd get a

C-7 before they're gone. if I had the room I would have gotten legends (yes the space is that tight). in hind sight, they have the bass impact I dig. doubt the new refs would be worth the extra $, wait & hassle for u, especially if u like the klf (which should be what really matters). & the new refs really haven't even been reviewed yet.

but in my case, I will take a look at trading

the rf-3 for the new rf-5 or 7(if it will fit) & the rc-7. should be a better match for the cornwall rears too. but will have to hear the new ones 1st. if I had legends I'm sure I wouldn't even consider it though for the extra $1k or so.

i'd take the $ & get a good sub. like a new rsw in may (possibly). that would give u a pretty cherry & complete speak system.

just my 1 cent smile.gif

------------------

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

rock on!

quote:

Originally posted by mdeneen:

Polk SDA? Let me understand this - - are you implying that a pair of POLK SDAs (like giant Bose 901 except with bass

I can see by that post you have never heard the SDA series of Polk speaker. To make a global statement that Polk isn't in the same league as Klipsch is both foolish and uninformed. I have done a lot of (ear)search and know the my pair of 12 year old Polk SDA1B's have a much wider soundstage than the Klipsch but they require a much larger amplifier than I'm willing to spend money on right now. I sold a pair of Martin Logans when I acquired the Polks because the sound was more concertlife like. This is in no way a critique of Klipsch because throughout the years of concerts and other live events, I like the "in your face" concertlive feel the Klipsch give you. And the Logans weren't the only pair of audiophile type speakers I have owned. Also had a pair of Maggies, but again they require a huge power supply and take-up a lot more floor space than my king size bed. My original point was, however, if it was worth waiting for the new line for a dramatic increase in sound quality or would the wait be in vain because the difference in performance and sound would be null? Sound is subjective, so please subject. (Whatever the heck that means.)

flas, were u so enraged that u missed my post

some acknowledgement would have been nice biggrin.gif

------------------

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

rock on!

Sorry 'bout that Boa. Wasn't angry just trying to get my point across. Will probably end up keeping the 30's and have a system that is almost entirely Klipsch. I have one of those cheap ($450) Circuit City 15" Velodyne subs, but it gets low enough to knock stuff off the wall. Will power all speaks with my Yamaha 2095 for now but am wondering about stepping up to an Outlaw amp which pumps out 250X5 with a 4 Ohm load. Was gonna get a Sunfire Grand Cinema Signature but at close to 4K, its a little out of my league right now. But first thing next week or the one after, I will have a C7 for my center channel.

It is exactly the CT 150 that I have. Walked out the door w/ a demo unit for $450. I have the crossover set for 90Hz but it still will rattle your teeth. Wanted one of the higher end Velo's, but I would have had to give up my first born and I just got her trained to clean the house so it was no go. I do feel that I under utilize the KG5.5 rear speakers. My music listening is always done in 2 channel stereo so they get used for home theater only. Of course Steely Dan in DTS does exhibit the caliber of the KG's which makes it all worthwhile.

yea i'm in a similar situation w/ cornwalls for rears (space limitations). wish I had a receiver w/ 5 channel stereo. also find myself building up my music dvd (preferably DTS) collection.

------------------

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

rock on!

There is nothing greater in my system then 5 CH. STEREO!!! OH boy it is SWEET! Some prefer 2 CH but as soon as I got another pair of towers for the rear I was just blown away. Talk about a Rock concert in your own home.

DENON 3300

MAINS KLF 30's

CENTER C7

A. REARS KLF 10's

B. REARS KSF S5

SUB VELODYNE HGS 12

probably in my dreams, but i think a new denon or marantz in may when i trade for the new refs up front. biggrin.gif

------------------

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

rock on!

• 2 weeks later...