bass with acoustic edge

hex21cc

hex21cc:

I am not sure why you are not getting enough bass. If I turn my sub knob beyond the midpoint, it gets overbearing. One thing I have noticed about the AE is a weird little thing that happens with the fader. The point between the middle line and two lines down (fading to rear) makes the bass almost disappear. After you go beyond the second line down from the middle, it comes back. Also, if you fade slightly to the front, the bass gets heavier. I imagine this is caused by the crossovers of the PM's. I am pretty sure the sub shares the front channel. Let me know if any of this helps...

Here's one thing you can check. In the "Philips Acoustic Edge Audio Contol Panel" on the Settings tab near the bottom is a drop down box that says, "Apply Reverb/QXPander/QMSS to External Input Source." If "CD" is selected, change it and select "none."

Apparently there is some sort of phase reversal/delay going to the rear channels from the Philips card to simulate ambience. When the ProMedias sum the front and rear signals (which are out of phase) to get the subwoofer signal it significantly reduces bass output.

Also, I've noticed that left and right are reversed from the CD input. Has anyone else experienced this on their Philips Acoustic Edge?

Andy W.

• 1 month later...

I have this problem too. With an SB Live I get lots of nice deep "you can feel it" bass. With the Acoustic Edge, thats totally gone, even when I push the bass slider all the way up (in tone control section). This is awful. I have the latest drivers (from the web). I had to yank the Edge and put the Live back in. Ideas?

Hey, you all, try bringing your problems to this post:

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000007.html

This is the board for 3dsoundsurge, and Mark, the admin (you can also contact him at mark@3dsoundsurge.com), seems pretty much deadset on answering all of these questions...

Although I am ALMOST COMPLETELY SURE that the bass is ONLY a software problem; reinstall the soundcard...AND MAKE SURE YOU DID WHAT ANDY SAID!!

------------------

"Feh."