SVS B4-Plus anything better?

mtber101

For proven performance and non DIY nothing.

For 2.5 grand you could buy quad Tumults and find two powerful pro amps of 1200W RMS or more.Build the cabinet yourself and add a proper EQ and you have a subwoofer with no peer(anihalates just about anything ou there,unless using more Tumults!)Here a few good hours of your time and some tools are needed.

I doubt you would need more then a B4-plus with proper amplification.It will compete against any wannabe competition and only huge subs will outperform the B4-Plus.

Now if Crown would make a delicious plate amp for the B4-Plus.Then I would say its a MRS terminator.

Say a heathy 2400W RMS plate amp based on the Macro Reference.

Four Tumults is the Doomsday Sub of which the Ears spoke earlier. As I heard on the Home Theater Forum, "IT'LL THUMP YO' *** INTO SUBMISHUN"

One AV-15 can make you punch-drunk. Two Tumults could in all likelihood disrupt your liver...four Tumults would kill you instantly, hence the term "Doomsday Sub".

Tumults are old news Ear(jk)

I've been following a thread on Acoustic Visions and HTF and learned about a 24" sub coming from Adire named the Apocalypse. Apparently it's going to be similar to aResonant Engineering 24" sub that's coming out but I imagine it will be geared more for home use. If it's anything like the RE sub, LOOK OUT!

A few fun numbers for the RE XBE24:

- 24" driver (w/23" mounting depth)

- 8" p-p linear excursion6.gif(nothing even comes close)

- XBL^2 motor technology(so it's not just a SPL driver)

- 5000w power handling

- If you don't want to read what I linked above, this sub is capable of displacement of over a dozen RE XXX15's(5.1L, same as Adire Tumult). That comes to 61.2L displacement.

- Unfortunately you must have a pretty fat wallet, this driver has a list price of $9999/ea

Imagine what one of these could do1.gif!

WHAT!? 6.gif5.gif3.gif1.gif9.gif

Woha a ten grand woofer! HOLY WOOFERS

TheEAR is in heavens,well almost!My HGS18 woofer is a tweeter LOL

First let me get some SVS and Tumult first.

Imagine the herculean god like subwoofer using just ONE of these brutes.As for power amp,ha I can use a single channel of my Krell 9.gif Its 2.4KW capability is no mince meat

I am still in awe and shock

I hope this woofer is for real because one day TheEAR will own it.Damn guarantee

If it digs deep and looks mean and perform the part I must have one

The woofer is for real...but it's only speculation that the Adire Apocalypse will be the "home audio" version.

Even though it's a little over the top and it's quite pricey, it's price/performance ratio isn't that bad.

If you take a look at the Adire XBL subs and the RE equivalent, the RE subs are always pricier. Maybe the Apocalypse will be cheaper. RE's even making an 18" version.

I'm realy curious to see what the surround looks like. I never thought anything like this was remotely possible.