RC-3

easylistener

----------------

On 5/8/2003 4:53:43 PM easylistener wrote:

Is an this center going to be an improvment over the KV-2 I have now? What would be a good price for the rc3? I suppose my KV-2 isn't really worth much but how much? A little help would be nice

----------------

With the RF-3II that you have, I think it will be - at least your front three speakers will be better matched. Realistically, you will probably find one for around $300 or so. As for what you could get for the KV-2, I don't know - try doing search through eBay to get an idea of how much they have gone for.

I had a KV-3 as a center in my main room HT. It was paired with RB-5 mains and SVS sub. It worked very well. In January I got an open box RC-3 for <$150.00 and It is a much nicer HT experience over the KV-3. I would not go back to the KV-3 vs the RC-3 with the RB-5 mains. I think you will potentially see even more difference compared to the KV-2.

I then put the KV-3 back into use as a center with the Fortes in the second room and it was fine... Until I found an Academy ($250.00 shipped) in February. The Academy is a dramatic upgrade over the KV-3 with Fortes. I will not give up this outstanding center speaker.

The KV-3 is great in and of itself, I'm not knocking it by any means. It's just that with my other Klipsch main speakers I have found better sonic "fit" with the RC-3 and Academy.

If anyone may be seeking a nice KV-3 (black), I have one that is not currently in use. Email me at "hz536n@yahoo.com".