Last Receiver question :D Pioneer?

Antagon

I know, i've been full of questions lately, but I gotta ask before dropping 2 grand on a theater.

Hows the Pioneer VSX-D811S? I read some reviews, and they said it was great, but I trust the people here more than I do CNET. I was also thinking about the Harman Kardon AVR 525, but its very expensive. I really need something around 400-500, for my RF3IIs, RS3IIs, RC3II, which brings me to my last question, KSW12, or RSW10? The RSW is loads more expensive, I need something that can go below 20hz if possible.

Thanks again!

Non of the klipsch subs will go to 20hz. Check out svsubwoofers.com They make great subs and are cheaper. I have a 20-39pci it cost me 620 to the door and has so much more than the rsw10. As for the receiver many people like the hk. I have no experence with pioneer, other than they mainly rate there power at 6ohms. At 8ohms they produce much less power. Good luck and check out svs. There are alot of threads in the sub area

Actually refurbished units of the H/K 525 are coming out. They cover the same warranty as a brand new one, at nearly half the MRSP! Check out onecall.com, I saw them yesterday for just over a mere $550!!! The other good thing about refurbs is that the likelihood of a DOA is very low since they are tested completely before leaving the service facility.

A great place for refurb HK's is Harman Audio online. HK's (and Infinity and JBL) parent company runs this website, so it's very legit and secure. Some of their amps and receivers are discontinued, so if the newest decoding options and 7.1 aren't that important to you, you should be able to get a great piece of equipment at an excellent price. Also all of their units carry the original 3 year warranty just like the new ones coming off the shelves. And another thing, if you want to knock off some more cash on the price for a piece listed on their website, bring up ebay and search for seller "harmanaudio" , and usually you can get the exact same thing on auction as is on their website, except a bit cheaper (I saved $50 doing this). Hope you find this as useful as I did.

matt

I have the Pioneer VSX-D811S and I must say I'm very happy with it. For what you pay, you get a whole lot of features and inputs. The only problem I have with it is that the lowest crossover setting for the subwoofer is a pretty high 100hz. But other than that it performs flawlessly and with a very decent amount of power when needed.

I have had the Pioneer VSX-D411S for just under a year in my family room. It's the bottom of the line unit. I paid $125 at a circuit city sale....It easily outperforms its price. But I think the H/K at the prices above would still be a better deal. How much can you get the 811 for?

my parents use the VSX-850S in their home and that sucker performs, let me tell yah. Sounds fantastic with Klipsch speakers, I plan on buying another Pioneer here shortly. Only complaint is that it doesnt have on-screen command, but if you dont need to visually see receiver settings on the screen, its a match made in heaven.

Just a note,the statement earlier that klipsch subs won't go to 20hz is NOT TRUE,do some research before making statements.Not that it matters but wild and crazy statements seem to be everywhere on this bb.

Fish

Lets take a walk. I am sorry to say that the klipsch subs to not go down to 20hz with power. If you want to get critical the will play 20hz with a bunch of distortion and no power. If you don't believe me than walk over to the sub area and make that harsh statement. If you want to compare a 20hz test tone with my 20-39pci come on over. It is the bottom of the line svs sub and it will show you what a true 20hz test tone is suposed to sound like. The RSW line is great for movies but is lacking some in the HT. I am not saying that Klipsch subs suck, they are great for music. The RSW-15 will hit 25hz great but tappers off quickly. Let me ask you a question. When you watch some of the great movies that go low.(u571 etc.) Does your floor move like a water wave? Mine does. Does your sub make crackes in your seling? Do they get bigger everytime you play your sub loud?

Sorry about that, I am in a bad mode today. I haven't gotten any respect lately. I am just the stupid kid with the big blue tool box.(inside comments made) He also was not looking at the expensive RSW 15. Like I said the Klipsch subs are great for music, and many people have them. I personal think that they are overpriced and need to go much lower. I have seen many test on these subs. I have listened to them, and think the svs is a much better deal. I also believe it is a better sub. A true sub. I also think that there are a lot better subs than mine and they also cost a lot more money.

"Question:

If you are paddling upstream in a canoe and lose a wheel, how many pancakes does it take to fill up a doghouse?

Answer:

None silly! Ice cream doesn't have bones!! ;)"

I believe the answer is 9, because icecream has no bones.