I think i figured it out

Cory

I think I finally figured out in my head how to do this the right way. If anyone else here has integrated their computer into their home theatre please tell us how you did it.

For my dorm room, I'll run s-video from my video card to a receiver, and from the sound card, unless I decide to upgrde to a hercules and go optical so I can have 5.1, I will run a 2.5 mm audio jack directly into an RCA left and right connection and into the standard audio input on the receiver, thereby bypassing the OHM differentiation problem (4--8). Then out to my babies for some sweet sound.

Now I'm just getting excited 2.gif

I have done it, but it sounds like you are trying to get more from it than me. I just run mine for a music jukebox. I have an older ATI-all-in-wonder card for the video output, & a sound blaster live card feeding the digital out to my receiver. It simply plays music off the server & shows pictures on the TV, using winamp controlled by a streamzap remote, & the windows "my pictures" screen saver.