KP 450's

I have been searching for complete speakers or components for the Klipsch KP 450 series. (cica 1989).This is the double 15" lows with the detachable high pack. I believe they have been discontinued. I own a pair and would like to add another set. Any ideas where I might find these?

Greg,

Here is a web site that might be useful.

www.hticsproaudio.com

They sell used audio equipment. You might be able to find some Klipsch product on their site. I will let you know if I find anymore websites that sell used audio equipment.

LHTF is a bum

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

hey greg i have a pair of the kp 450 are you interested in them? contact me at barnes.kim2@gmail.com isnt funny that the company that sold these speaker have no imfo on them yet they sold them what would paul think about this if he was still alive to me these were the bombest speakers they ever built .i was a dj and had already been using 2 sets of the lasalas and saw them at a dj show in detroit michigan in the eightys and after hearing them i had to have a pair so i sold of the lasallas and ran them .superb they are still in my mind the best sounding speaker ever made by klispch the pair i have are black but at the time you could buy them unfinished contact me if your interested in them if the price is rite i mite part with them or if you just want to chat give me a shout peace kim b

• 3 months later...

P.S.

The 904 Theatre speaker is the KP 450 LF section with no grill and handles and they have a new B&C 90 deg. horn that will work just fine.

The KP 450 A or B ws a great speaker I have 8 of them. The later versions were called KP 456 A or B. They used an 1132 driver in the HF instead of the K 60..

Need more info call me @ 978-343-9343.

Thanks Joey Brogna Northeast Sound

spec sheet. Tech Support at Klipsch has this, all you have to do is email or call them.

They don't spend much time here since they downsized the Tech Support group.

Michael

Okay guys I am confused by the spec sheet that Michael posted for the KP-450

It indicates the HF horn is a K-501 and mated to a 2 inch driver. I thought the K-501 was used in the Belle and had a much smaller throat.

Is this really the same horn and now used in a two-way configuration or am I confused.

"

Perhaps you're confusing the modern K510?

"

No, I am very aware of the K-510. My confusion is that your PDF on the '450 said the horn was a k-501 on a 2 inch driver. I had assumed the K-501 was an updated horn used in the Belle (just as the K-401 was an updated K-400). That may have been my mistake.

Perhaps I should mention my goal. I am trying to get an idea of the various Klipsch-made horns that satisfy all of the following: 1) usable in a two-way system, and 2) have a 2 inch throat, and 3) have the "modified tractrix" expansion (i.e., a CD dispersion) and perhaps 4) is a reasonable size and perhaps 5) can be obtained on the used market (IOW, it is affordable for a smaller project)

So far my list includes:

K-402 (it is the big one, & favored in the "home Jubilee systems").

K-403 (the prototype that was also made in wood, but it never went into serious production. It is larger than the K-510)

K-510 (a smaller version & is infrequently used in the "home Jubilee systems")

K-605 (this model number was testing Roy's memory, but it was used on the KP-366 cabinets. It has a narrow directivity pattern)

So does this "K-501" from the 450 cabinet fall into this category?

This topic may be of interest to others. If it is, I will initiate a separate thread.

-Tom