Best DTS demo DVD

msaiba

Try these out for Demo's XXX, Gladiator, Star Trek II, First Contact, Nemesis, Matrix, Star Wars EP I & II, The Patriot, Monsters Inc., Armageddon, Twister, Blade, Jurassic Park III, Starship Troopers, The Mummy & Mummy Returns, Spiderman, U-571, the list goes on and on. These are just a few, while the overall movie may suck on alot of them the special effects and sound editing are real good.

I think one of the best tests for your 5.1 setup is the scene called, in the chapter selection, "dodge this" in the matrix dvd. it's the very famous scene where Neo does the limbo while dodging bullets fired by one of the agents (not agent smith). The camera spins around 360 as the bullets whiz by in bullet-time...and the bullets zing by in 3-D sound, right past your ears, if your 5.1 is set up correctly. Try it out. It's awesome.

I've been watching Band of Brothers for the last few nights in DTS. It is so much more impressive than when originally aired on HBO. The scenes are so intense, especially with plenty of bullets whizzing by. I would put that up on the DTS list. I also agree that Se7en is excellent to use as a tester. Don't forget Gladiator.

----------------

On 5/30/2003 8:10:30 AM speed3 wrote:

I've been watching Band of Brothers for the last few nights in DTS. It is so much more impressive than when originally aired on HBO. The scenes are so intense, especially with plenty of bullets whizzing by. I would put that up on the DTS list. I also agree that Se7en is excellent to use as a tester. Don't forget Gladiator.

----------------

My favorite episode for sound in the Band of Brother's episodes is Bastogne. It sounded incredible!