so crazy

Dale W

----------------

On 5/29/2003 8:35:20 PM Marvel wrote:

... it isn't the least bit fire retardant. I'm thinking of a recent nightclub fire

----------------

By all means make sure it's fire retardant\proof material. God forbid you should have a fire but if you do you don't want your home destroyed or worse your life lost.

Regards,

Tony

Dale

Going to be NICE!!!

When you build your walls for your Khorns, make sure to put the studs 12" on center for the first 4 feet to stiffen the wall better. Otherwise, you can go standard 16", but install two cross beams by notching 2x4s and run them on an angle.

In my HT - Listening basement, I have 16" centers with two 8 foot 2x4s in a V pattern in the walls to stiffen.

It really helps to stiffen your corners behind your Khorns.

I also ran 1 1/2 and 2" PVC conduit to the speaker locations in my HT. This way I can add wires or change wires in the future.

Keep us posted with update pics.

JM

JM : Your ideas are right on the mark .

I've made plans allready for the putting pvc pipe in the walls and yes i'll use wall plates for all speakers. That way i never have to worry about anyone tripping over or pulling out wires. Plus it looks a lot nicer.

Thanx for the idea on the corners for the k-horns , very easy thing to do now but almost impossible afterwards.

I'm so looking forward to the new rooms, right now i vibrate the crap out of the ceiling in my theater room and it's way to small to get far enough back to enjoy the 55" screen.

----------------

On 5/30/2003 7:20:57 PM cluless wrote:

Dale-

Thanks for your patience with giraffes. I will relocate them, but it might take a little time
1.gif

I was looking at your sig....and what is a "hot glass system"? and where are the stairs going to land?

----------------

" tube amps " ( hot glass )

No stairs !!! I will be cutting a 36" door way thru the concrete wall just below the existing bay window.

There will be a half moon shaped stairs landing against that wall , about 3 steps down from the original basement. Should be nice and cool down ther in the summer.

Plus i"m installing a hot water boiler for in floor heating for the winter months.

Hey guys don't laugh to loud at that snowy picture !!!!!!!

We had a real gooder storm a few years back and the snow was half way up those back doors.

I was so scared the roof was going to cave in from the weight of the snow that i got up there and shoveled it off. When i was done i didnt need a latter to get down i just jumped into the pile and sunk up to my chest.

What a silly place i live in.

CANADA / Home of the true north strong and "FROZEN " .