Trouble with Pro Klispch Speaker

proufo

Hello to all.

For years I kept a pair of the pro version of La Scala in my living room. Loved them! Even the cat loved them, as it used to sleep on top of them.

One day the wife said she has had enough of those two huge black boxes (four actually) so I sold them to a friend with a more forgiving spouse.

My friend had trouble with them since day one, in particular, he blew an amp. I always believed he had a defective amp but now it seems obvious that there's a problem in BOTH speakers.

The mid/tweeter box houses the crossover too, and there are inputs for the amp connection (In from amp), plus an output (Out to woofer) for the woofer.

Is it possible for the crossover network to get damaged if the amp is connected to the woofer output, and the woofer to the amp connector?

The crossovers seem very rugged, and I gave these speakers good use for several years with no trouble at all. They were in perfect working order when I unplugged them and never worked in their new home.

Many thanks in advance and regards.

I could be a smart alleck....and say some unfortunate jerks should never get blessed with Klipsch...LOL I think perhaps it was his amp that got broken somehow..who knows maybe even when he re hooked everything back up bumped it and it went Kaplooie!! And not from the La Scalas. My gut feeling is he drived the heck out of em..if he has kids..Enquire this possibility.

La Scalas are basically built like tanks..They should last n last forever.. No matter what you throw at them. If you have the industrial versions, you can power them with 200 watts as opposed to the normal 100 too.

Just my 2 cents!! Oh and btw...who in there right mind would EVER want to hear these in a house with say 100- 200 watts... Is nuts!!