Interesting Non-Audio eBay Item... from Arkansas!

fini

A close friend of mine worked for the DNR in Georgia a few years ago (quite a few, now that I think about it). He ran an old historic site south of Savannah, at Midway (I think). They had a new museum on one side of the road, and an old cemetary on the other, surrounded by a brick wall, supposedly built with slave labor. We are taliking about a really quiet place. One day a family stopped by and visited the cemetary. After wandering around for awhile, they came into the museum/gift shop and were asking about the area and other sites. The young son pulled on his dad's arm and asked him to ask my friend about the music. The guy says, "Oh, yeah, we were wondering how you got the music to play over in the cemetary. We couldn't see any speakers anywhere." My friend Roger told them that they didn't pipe in music over there and that they didn't have speakers. The family didn't really believe him. He had a couple more incidents like that, one concerning a church built in the late 1700s. It can be a weird area, with people professing to be Christians, and still going out to see their Witch Doctors at night.

I know quite a few missionaries from different denominations, the denominations of which don't really believe in the demonic side of the supernatural. The missionaries didn't either, until they got out into some of the areas in the world away from TV and all of our sciences.

Even if I had a few million to play with or throw away, I wouldn't ever consider getting the Ghost in a Jar.

Marvel

FYI, I found out Sting is going to be the sherriff in the remake of "The Andy Griffith Show." I got an in-progress copy of the script, and as the story line goes, the townspeople of Mayberry are searching for a replacement for Ken Howard (whom you all rememeber as Andy's replacement in the mid-1971 season, initiating the change of title to "Mayberry RFD"), who is retiring (or is killed "up at the fishin' hole"...it's not worked out, yet). Mistakenly charging Goober (played by George Lindsay) with the task of reviewing resumes, and searching online (he buys some pretty weird stuff on eBay...hillarious!), he runs across a Sting website. When he finds out Sting used to be with The Police, he puts two and two together, and somehow Sting is hired as the new sherriff of Mayberry! Well, you can just imagine the hijinks that follow, with haircuts at Floyd's, drinking contests with Otis, eating MaryLou's pie! I'm not supposed to let this leak out, but he even has a relationship with Aunt Bea, leading to a marriage! Of course, she has to change her last name from Taylor to Sting...

fini

Lets see. Aunt Goober! No, no wait a minute. Its coming to me. Miss Mayberry RFB. No thats not it. Queen Bee? Wasp bite??? I dont know. I need MOE time with these hard ones. Grandma Pyle??? Boss Hog!!!!! Ahhhh forget it. I give up. Im going to think about it a while in the cement pond. Look! Movie stars. Has anyone figured this out yet? Give me till Wednesday night.We could have the makings of a great musical here. Until then its back to cipherin.