is this physically posible to accomplish?

prodj101

anyway, in woodworking I built this nice little headphone amp case. it will use 2 EL84 power tubes, and 2 12AX7 input tubes. the case is very small, but so beautiful I don't want to just have it go to waste. the internal demensions are something like 3.5 by 8.5, so I don't have a ton of room to work, however I can use my dremel to sand down the inside, which I started doing so I could place the input tubes on either side of the power tubes (so they'd form a diamont sort of) and it seems like I should be able to get those in. can this be done? here is the circuit I'm building http://www.tubehifi.com/amp/amp/circuit/mghead-c.jpg it's relatively small, I'm most worried about getting all those transformers on there somewhere.

post-10107-13819247759394_thumb.jpg

You should really have all the parts, including the transformers, together to lay out the design before you build the box to put it in. With all due respect, it looks like you are going about it backwards.

Marvel

----------------

On 6/7/2003 12:28:50 AM justin_tx_16 wrote:

what is so beautiful about that case? no offense but it looks like a wood box painted black... very easy to make, I would build the amp and make the box to fit.

----------------

It is a wood box painted black. But hey he made it so why should'nt he think it's beautiful?

yeah, I admit the picture isn't flattering, but there are 5 coats of extra glossy polyurethane on there, which took about a week and a half to apply, but it is truely beautiful in person. may as well be looking into a mirror with wood grains 9.gif . I've been routering out the insides of it to make some more room and I now think it can be done.