Promedia 5.1

Thought I'd warn all those people trying to build 6.2, 6.3 and 7.whatever systems that Klipsch has their own version coming out on June 1st according to the beta website. Not sure if it has a decoder, but from the picture, there is a separate volume control with 3 small regular knobs, and a large circular main volume control. I'm assuming that the others are center, surround and sub. The center is if you were to take the tweeter off the normal sat, and stick it on the side, so the center speaker looks quite a bit longer than the normal ones. All of what I just said is what I got from one picture and Amy said more info in the near future.

Well thats great! I was planning on buying the 4.1's mid june, but if there will be 5.1's out i will definatly wait for them. That is the only downfall i can see about the 4.1's is that they're not 5.1. So for dvds and such they do not support 5.1. Anyone know a rough cost? The 4.1's are damn expensive in Canada, $479. I cant go too much higher.

• 2 weeks later...

i think for me i will be happy to stick to the 4.1

the 5.1 will not be cheap. if it is around the price of the 4.1, klipsch will definitely stop production on their 4.1 cos of the marketing strategy.

and if it is 100 US dollars more expensive than 4.1, the price is already expensive enough.

and if it doesn't come with a decoder, that's mean that your sound card with have to do the decoding, than for people with no decoder built in sound card, it is another upgrading for them.

and if klipsch gives a decoder, the price might even reach till the videologice digitheather dts range. killer price

but we will have to wait and see.

The subwoofer will be 200 watts using two 8inch woofers! I'm drooling already. 4 satellites and a center at 60 watts each, bringing the system up to 500 watts! It may just be time to give my v2.400's to my wife for her stereo. "here honey I love you so much I'm giving you my speakers. Uhm, can I buy a new set?"

------------------

PROMEDIAS anything less would be uncivilized

The 5.1 system is supposed to be about $390. I don't if it's Dolby or DTS or other features. But it will be a total of 500 watts and be about $390. I wonder if they should have made the center channel slightly more powerful than the other 4 like around 80 watts.