Beauty ?? Contest

lynnm

Elmoe,

It is an early '90s Taylor 812C that also has some extra inlay on it. I bought it used. They don't make the 812C with the Florentine cutaway anymore, just the rounded Venetian. That way the lower side is all one piece, so it costs less to make. It is a Rosewood B/S with Spruce top. Ebony fingerboard. Would love to get an archtop, maybe a Nickerson or Bendetto. Lots of good ones around but you need deep pockets. If I had to replace the Taylor the same as it is (inlays, cutaways), it would be over $4k. Glad I found it used. Kinda like finding an old set of Klipsch or Scott amp. 9.gif

Marvel

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is my harmony MASTER. I got it from my nephew for $20.. It was in rough shape, the action was really high, so I took the top half of the bridge off and used a chunk of "pushrod" from a chevy smallblock..cut it to length..and ground it till it was "D" shaped. Then took a dremil(reg.) tool and ground slots in it to hold the strings in place. Replaced the NUT with a "real" peice of bone, and that werked wonderful. Then after about a year I got tired of the look of it, (like a dead bullhead), and stripped all the finish off,sanded it with various grades of sandpaper,and used lacqure(satin finish)dressed the frets ,and it now plays wonderful all the way up the neck with no buzzes and close action. Wouldn't part with it for the world

post-12600-13819248098306_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/24/2003 7:33:37 PM Elmoe wrote:

the morn of wedding day...aug..1982(trashed already)

----------------

Wow. We did look somewhat alike and I also was married in 1982. My guess is I was probably buzzed on something or another during my photo session also.2.gif

----------------

On 6/24/2003 7:14:42 PM easylistener wrote:

Garymd

I am older than I look, but not the wife. I was trying to find a pic with my 4 year son on it, but I don't have one with the family. I did look a lot differnt at the dead shows. My life style has changed a little.

----------------

Yeah. That seems to happen when you get older and start having wives and kids, etc. When you have others for which you are responsible, most of us tend to settle down a lot.

GaryMD,

You mean we have to grow up!!!???!!

Whenever something goes wrong I'm responsible.

Elmoe,

One of my best friends bought a Regal, when they were still made in the US, probably about a 1930 model, with rosewood and all that. He paid $30 for it at the Buy and Sell in Madison Wisc. He has had it for years. It is about the size of a Les Paul but a regular flat top acoustic. Tiny little thing that is as loud as his D-28.

I also had a Harmony once, and the action on it was superb. Had it is the late '60s. Whew! do I look that old? Nice job on it. For sure they don't have to cost a lot to sound good or be what you like. My old Gibson/Kalamazoo lap steel has been refinished by me twice. It was ugly when I got it. Now it's just ....

Marvel

----------------

On 6/24/2003 8:30:18 PM Elmoe wrote:

I used to be "party central".....now I'm just an "Old Fart"cuttin grass,and listening to tunes

----------------

I was an old fart cutting grass tonight. My wife actually wanted me to leave the tunes on while I was on the tractor. I think we're making progress here. We were both deadheads in college. She's an attorney now and I'm a banker. How boring!

Not what I expected at all Lancestorm! Is that recent? You look younger than my son. 2.gif

P6022640.jpg

This was taken just a week or so ago...there are no "serious" pictures of my puss. I'm a 40 year old kid who's always makin' faces in front of the camera! And I look nothin' like my avatar either!9.gif

post-11084-13819248099766_thumb.jpg

Ray posted a nice little graphic explaining clearly (enough for me!) how to imbed images in the body of a post. It's in the website forum. Check it on out! Jim, Nice beard!!

fini

DSCN0601_sml.jpg

As clu can see, I'm hopeless!9.gif

Just kidding...this prize photo of my younger brothers and I was taken a year ago as a birthday e-card we made up for our mom's birthday. You know she's gotta be proud!14.gif

post-11084-13819248100596_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 6/24/2003 10:40:16 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Just kidding...this prize photo of my younger brothers and I was taken a year ago as a birthday e-card we made up for our mom's birthday. You know she's gotta be proud!
14.gif

----------------

I'm sorry, but that looks to damn much like the Three Stooges 9.gif11.gif.

DSCF1941.jpg

Oh, I don't know...my other younger brother (the only one of us who's married with 2 beautiful little girls) is a real looker, so his georgous wife says (although you'd never know from this .jpg image). I don't think there's a serious picture of any of us anywhere!

...The Three Stooges...that's rich! We've been called worse (ha ha)!9.gif

post-11084-13819248101246_thumb.jpg