ATTN: Nightkidz

skim

hey, it came out to be 350 for me. for fedex ground, i just got it today, haven't hooked them up yet but hooked up the set for my other comp, the 2.1s sound really good. its got some good pop on the bass. i would say that two 2.1's are far better than my original set of v2 400s. thats if u got the room for the subs.

Im getting the 4.1's in a few days. I hear a great way to place the sub is put it on your chair where you normally sit. Then crawl around the room and find the spot where the base is the best. then place the sub there. I can picture myself crawling around my floor in 3 days Smile.gif

skim, big dissappointment =<[bR>my supposedly 6.2 system turned into a 5.2 system. the center channel output is only being received by the left speaker. which really sucks but the sound quality is still there. basically you cant really tell because the center channel is all dialogue and only coming from one speaker =[. if you already have a 4.1 or a v2 400 just invest in a different type of center channel but do get the game theater, im telling you its great. if you want more info email me i can tell you all the tests i have ran and everything with sub placements. my plan now is maybe to sell my v2 400s to a friend and pick up and use my 4.2 and find a different center channel. but im not gonna change anything until i figure out that there is a perfect center channel to go with the game theater. the way it is now with a 5.2 the bass definitely beefed up and the sound quality is still definitely there, just that 175 dollars for one speaker sitting on the side doing nothing is not worth it.

I don't know much about the gametheater, but if it anything like the sb 5.1 or AE the center output is the same as the sub out... the reason you only get center out of one speaker is that one side of the stereo output (left in your case) is the center, the right is the sub. What you need to do is get a stereo to 2x mono splitter which will separate the center(left) signal, then plug your 2.1 into that.

------------------

Caring is the first step toward disappointment.

Ahhh... so the card has separate RCA outs for the sub and center... I'm pretty sure it has to do with the RCA to minijack adapter you are using. You need to make sure it is a RCA to STEREO minijack adapter, one that wil split the RCA into 2 channels. I think you might be using rca to mono minijack adapter - that would give you only one channel.

------------------

ur right, my adapter is a rca phono from a 1/8" mono. but i dont see any rca phono from a 1/8" stereo plug from radio shack. the only ones i see is a phono from a 1/8" stereo. some ppl told me a center channel going into two speakers would sound weird, but i wanna see for myself =X

so what's the news? how are the speakers coming along. ive been cruising around the forums looking for 16 gauge wire information and so far most of the people are satisfied with the speaker wire upgrade. nightkidz, i think any 16 gauge wire will do. remember the monster cable superflat a guy mentioned in one of the posts? well i tried looking for it in best buy, but only found the wire with different connectors (not mini-plugs) and they were still $35!. i think im either going to go to radioshack or home depot and perhaps find a way to hook up the 16 gauge wires without having to use the plugs (only because i think they degrade sound quality and create distortion) or soldering. perhaps, i can use a U-connector or something, but i need to break into the klipsch satellite to see how to connect these wires. let me know if you found the rca to STEREO mini-plug adapter and if you installed it and made the two speakers work.

i dont think having the CENTER channel split into two speakers will be bad. just put them as close as possible (like me when i get it, ill place them beside the monitor.

Since you can't find a rca to stereo adapter, then get a mono to stereo splitter and plug that into the adapter you already have - the idea is to split the mono signal into a stereo sig with identical left/rights.

------------------

hey windstorm, thanks for the help, i'll look for those plugs in radio shack and see if i can come up with anything. hopefully i do. skim right now on my setup i have the 2.1 as my front channel and the back channel is the rear speakers of my v2. the front speakers of the v2 i got as my center channel since the center channel is only used during movies so when i play cds or something with my 4 speakers i get both subs. the 4 speakers i have on each corner of my room and the center channel is next to my monitor, i think thats the setup you were looking for too right? for now i have upgraded to 16 gauge wire using the radio shack plugs, i didn't want to break into the speakers because im not a real techie and i didn't want to break anything but even with the radio shack i can still hear a difference in sound quality. currently only my rear two speakers have the 16 gauge wire and when i listen to music, sometimes i only use those two speakers because they sound that much better. im not sure if its because im doing something wrong with the setup or whatever but they sound great. hopefully i can find the perfect adapter to produce sound into both speakers onthe center channel then the system would be set. right now its already really great, watching any 5.1 movie is a killer in my room. i'll keep ya updated and let me know what you come up with in the speaker wire situation. thanks

finally found an adapter. a phono to 1/8" stereo its radio shack part number 274-387. works great for now, but not too sure if its messing up the sound quality or not, cant really tell but when i watch dvds they sound great with both sats producing sound. as long as they good i'll keep it that way.